OT: UPDATED: Boston 2024 Olympics bid IS dead

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014
The Brattle Group's report on Boston 2024 and it is obvious from the real numbers they obtained from the organizing group that Boston and the Commonwealth would be on the hook for BILLIONS in overuns.

For example Boston 2024 said the cost of a temporary 69,000 stadium would be $175 million :biglaugh:

Read the Brattle Group report on Boston’s Olympic bid

Yeah, yeah, but they "know a guy"

I hear they got a great deal on a velodrome that just "fell off a truck"
:laugh:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The Brattle Group's report on Boston 2024 and it is obvious from the real numbers they obtained from the organizing group that Boston and the Commonwealth would be on the hook for BILLIONS in overuns.

For example Boston 2024 said the cost of a temporary 69,000 stadium would be $175 million :biglaugh:

Read the Brattle Group report on Boston’s Olympic bid
Not necessarily. I believe a big part of the Boston 2024 pitch was that they wanted downscale the cost of hosting an Olympics.

Not sure it's really fair to suggest that Boston 2024 was hiding something by simply comparing their proposed costs to those of London.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Not necessarily. I believe a big part of the Boston 2024 pitch was that they wanted downscale the cost of hosting an Olympics.

Not sure it's really fair to suggest that Boston 2024 was hiding something by simply comparing their proposed costs to those of London.

Riiiight.... downsize the olympics.

The idea that they are going to build anything for half the cost of doing so in 2012 is laughable on its own.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

$175 million to build a stadium???? It is costing $82 million just to rebuild a subway station at Government Center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad