Update Regarding Chris Snow

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Absolutely awful news. So sorry to hear this about Chris. :(

B's fan here.

My heart goes out to Chris' family and to his Flames family. I met Chris years ago when he covered the Red Sox for the Boston Globe and he was so nice and generous with his time. Life is so damn unfair.

Sending you all love as I know everyone was pulling for him.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe a separate thread for Chris Snow is in order so we don't have people unintentionally lamenting with the same gravity both a guy succumbing to a terminal illness and a player messing up his shoulder.

Reactions: Fig and Ace Rimmer

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Sadly looks like the end for him. Man was a warrior these past few years. Feel awful for his wife and especially his son.

I think he survived much longer than was originally expected (over a year longer) but this still sinks my heart far more than I expected it to.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Maybe a separate thread for Chris Snow is in order so we don't have people unintentionally lamenting with the same gravity both a guy succumbing to a terminal illness and a player messing up his shoulder.

Perhaps, yeah. I wasn't happy reading the news about Pelt's outcome earlier. But as soon as Snow's news came out... the Pelts thing did not matter at all in comparison.

I mean, the Pelts thing is still absolutely awful. But the gravities of the two situation aren't remotely comparable.

Reactions: Lunatik

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Devastating. I remember him being diagnosed and given a year to live. That was over four years ago now.
Takes a ton of strength and spirit to fight like that, not to mention continuing his duties as AGM AND raising a ton of money and awareness for ALS research.

You'll always be a source of inspiration to many Snowy. Thoughts are with Kelsie and the kids.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Heart goes out to his kids man and Kelsie, brutal news. Guy fought for years and gave it all he could to get those extra years. Hopefully the Flames look after the family going forward.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fan dropping over to say how sad I was to hear this news. I think so many people have been following the story of Chris and his family as they so bravely forged ahead battling all the way over the years. Really tough day and sending out my heart felt thoughts to Chris’s wife Kelsie and their family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad