NESN UPDATE - NESN’s Jack Edwards announces retirement

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Jack was one of the best to ever do it! I wish him peace and good health in his retirement. One of my favorite calls of his was a Kevan Miller fight.

“AAAUUGH HES USING HIS FACE AS A PUNCHING BAG”

Had a flair for the dramatic and some truly epic speeches. I hope the search for his replacement is exhaustive, and we get a great heir.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
It about time!! Nice guy, I'm sure, but even before the speech issues, he was hard to listen to.
I grew up with the ultimate homer, Derek Sanderson, so that's not what it's about.

Reactions: drkfluff

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Congrats to Jack on a wonderful career! An excellent caller at his peak. His voice was a defining feature of a great Bruins era and an accompaniment to many happy memories. Probably the correct decision to hang up the mic, hope he can get to the bottom of whatever's been causing his speech issues.
Here's to a long and healthy retirement :cheers:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What are the probabilities that he thought it through and chose to retire independently, and what are the probabilities that Charlie Jacobs just sent him an email saying that today is his last game and he should tweet out a retirement statement?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What are the probabilities that he thought it through and chose to retire independently, and what are the probabilities that Charlie Jacobs just sent him an email saying that today is his last game and he should tweet out a retirement statement?

I think the highest of all probability is it was his decision. He himself admitted his struggles. He even took some time off. He came to grips that it is time.

Anything else is conspiracy bird cage paper droppings.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I think the highest of all probability is it was his decision. He himself admitted his struggles. He even took some time off. He came to grips that it is time.

Anything else is conspiracy bird cage paper droppings.

They just had an interview with him on channel 5. You could hear the emotion. Guy was forcing himself to smile but you could tell it’s a painful decision.

End of an era. And it must be a mindf*** to go out on your terms, but not really your terms.

Hope he enjoys his last few games.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I listened to Bob Wilson(the standard) for years and Jack was "NO" Bob Wilson!

and......whose to say it's really his decision. Good soldiers are often allowed to save face.

• Love
Reactions: eightspokedb

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
How sad. I loved listening to Jack. I remember when he did those Bear & Gang commercials and was doing the play by play while they were playing the NHL video game and I so badly wanted that version of the game. He’ll be missed and I wish him the best!

Reactions: Ladyfan

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm glad he didn't leave the decision up to NESN and force an unpleasant ending instead of him calling it a day on his own. While I wasn't a big fan of some of the guy's antics he was clearly a passionate fan of the team, and that's all you can ask for. Good luck in retirement.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I love Jack. I first saw him on WJAR in the late 70s when he was the weekend sports anchor. I was a huge Fred Cusick fan but Jack quickly won me over with his knowledge and passion for the game & the Bruins. I am so sorry his health issue cut short his time with us & I wish him the very best going forward. I hope he won't be a total stranger, it would be great to see him do specials like the ones he did with Zdeno Chara, David Krejci & Patrice Bergeron.

Thank you Jack. Nobody had more fun than us when you were calling the game.

:hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :hockey: :stanley: :stanley: :stanley: :stanley: :stanley:

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad