UPDATE: MLB relocating All-Star events from Georgia after voting bill approved

nhlfan79

Feb 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Correct, everyone can see your post, but the only thing that has changed is that now that the first decision has been rendered, you're trying to walk back what you meant. If you thought that standing or the 1st Amendment was relevant at the time you made that post, you would have said so. You explicitly did not.

Instead, you:
  • Wrote the other post had "lots of legal inaccuracies."
  • Argued that if small businesses owners were affected by the decision, they had standing.
  • Directly implied the 1st Amendment was not relevant.
  • Argued the "real legal issue" was your since debunked contractual claim.
It is fine if you've changed you mind since the initial court decision, but let's not pretend you meant something you very clearly did not.

Clearly you do, given that you still don't seem to understand tortious interference with contract, and you still haven't read the complaint given you once again got the claim wrong. That is not the true tort claim here. JCN's claim alleges that MLB interfered with contracts between JCN, or more accurately, the small and medium-sized businesses that JCN represents, and other third parties (but explicitly not the Braves). Even if JCN was referring to a contract with the Braves, that would be no more "true" a claim than this one.

And for the record, the tort claim was raised to show to you that (1) you haven't read the complaint; and (2) you have no grounds to say what the "real legal issue" of the case will be when you don't have an accurate grasp of the legal issues at play in the complaint.

Let's not play this semantic game. Even if we are to accept your definition of what "real legal issue" means (and to be clear, I do not), you are still wrong. A quasi-contractual claim (more accurately, promissory estoppel) is not "the heart of this dispute", it is not the central claim of the complaint. Rather, it is one of several in a hodgepodge of claims upset with the decision to retract Atlanta's hosting of the All-Star Game.

The real heart of the dispute is much broader: that is was allegedly unlawful for MLB to move the All-Star Game. Certainly much broader than a contractual claim that for reasons I have already stated, you did not describe accurately.

It's not disagreement. You asserted expertise in the subject area, and then got your analysis wrong. I am forcefully dismantling your analysis because you asserted this expertise. Don't be upset, be more informed next time.

No court "decision has been rendered" in the case, unless you're referring to the denial of a TRO to force the game's relocation back to Atlanta pending resolution of the suit. Entitlement to pre-suit injunctive relief like that is 100% legally separate from proving the merits of the suit itself.

It has gotten so tedious responding to everything you're only getting 70% correct, legally speaking. Obviously, you're the preeminent expert on this case, having dedicated so much valuable time and effort in reading up on it, goodness knows why.

Except you didn't even appear to know that the plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed the suit today: Job Creators Network withdraws lawsuit against MLB - Cobb County Courier

I tried to enlighten, without bias or favor. I have/had no dog in this fight, yet you continued to make this increasingly adversarial and even personal for who knows what reason. Now I'm really done with this trainwreck of a discussion. This is now the most useless thread in the history of this site.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
No court "decision has been rendered" in the case, unless you're referring to the denial of a TRO to force the game's relocation back to Atlanta pending resolution of the suit. Entitlement to pre-suit injunctive relief like that is 100% legally separate from proving the merits of the suit itself.

It has gotten so tedious responding to everything you're only getting 70% correct, legally speaking. Obviously, you're the preeminent expert on this case, having dedicated so much valuable time and effort in reading up on it, goodness knows why.

Except you didn't even appear to know that the plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed the suit today: Job Creators Network withdraws lawsuit against MLB - Cobb County Courier

I tried to enlighten, without bias or favor. I have/had no dog in this fight, yet you continued to make this increasingly adversarial and even personal for who knows what reason. Now I'm really done with this trainwreck of a discussion. This is now the most useless thread in the history of this site.
So you're just going to completely ignore everything I wrote, grasp at some dollar store quality straws, and just whine that you got challenged? Good to know.

Let's do some rapid fire dismantling before you go, though.

First, the denial of the TRO is a decision. A judge heard arguments from JCN and issued a legal decision, while providing significant commentary on the merits of the lawsuit and arguments that would likely be made. You will see nowhere did I imply that it was the final decision. So that's a weakass retort, not sure why you even bothered with that one.

Second, and I think you know this by now, but you'll excuse me if I don't find your legal analysis convincing when you continue to get it wrong. You refuse to defend your own arguments that I've dismantled several times now, and you certainly couldn't defend a contention that I'm "only getting 70% correct, legally speaking." At this point I wouldn't be surprised to learn that you're not even a lawyer.

Third, it is completely irrelevant the case will no longer proceed. That has no bearing on any arguments I made, and it provides no defense to any of your positions.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
The FBI said they don't have any reason to believe that it was a plot to shoot up the ASG.

But, um, why wouldn't they? The 8th floor of that hotel has line of site to the stadium and all the people from the front gate down to the LF gate, as well as tons of people on the street at bars and clubs and stuff.

If your goal was to shoot up the ASG festivities, that would be a great place to pick, and the hard part would be picking "When to start."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad