Confirmed with Link: Update: Marty St. Louis named Captain, A's: Stamkos, Thompson/Carle (away/home)

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
the only bad part of the event was Cooper introduced Frantz Jean. I can't believe I was the only one booing him. Cooper also had a factoid for each player. Apparently no one wants Panik driving them to the rink and Labrie likes "cats and leather"

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
the only bad part of the event was Cooper introduced Frantz Jean. I can't believe I was the only one booing him. Cooper also had a factoid for each player. Apparently no one wants Panik driving them to the rink and Labrie likes "cats and leather"

Not surprised. Did you actually boo? :laugh:

Yzlamic Preacher*

Booing Jean... You're doing God's work friend.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Since when does having an 'A' mean that you have to be the best player on the team? He played very solid last night.

Surely having an A means that you're at least one of the better players on the team or well known for your leadership capabilities. I like Carle, but I would hardly call him one of our better or more senior players. This pick was based on longevity and I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm not in the dressing room and am not a coach, so I digress.

It's just a shocking pick.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Surely having an A means that you're at least one of the better players on the team or well known for your leadership capabilities. I like Carle, but I would hardly call him one of our better or more senior players. This pick was based on longevity and I don't necessarily agree with it, but I'm not in the dressing room and am not a coach, so I digress.

Some people are born leaders, some are not. Hedman while could be that number 1 defensemen for years to come may not have that Leadership intangibles in him. It doesn't mean its a bad thing, just means he isn't a guy that will lead the troops. He is a guy though you would still take to battle in a bat of an eye lash.

*Was using Hedman as an example, I have no knowledge of the locker room aspects.*

Carle could be one of those spoken guys, that keeps everyone in line. Same with Thompson.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Carle's play drastically improved last season under Cooper. More than any player I can think of, Carle checked out on Boucher. That's probably a negative leadership quality, but Cooper probably liked what he saw after he took over.

And Carle did wind up leading the TB defense in scoring.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Carle's play drastically improved last season under Cooper. More than any player I can think of, Carle checked out on Boucher. That's probably a negative leadership quality, but Cooper probably liked what he saw after he took over.

And Carle did wind up leading the TB defense in scoring.

Define the margin for drastically improving. I would agree that he wasn't as bad if that's what you were implying. Because the Carle I saw, post Boucher, just didn't suck as much, but I still wouldn't say he was "good".

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
11 points in the final 15 games of the year, +5, multiple shots in most games. Got rewarded with minutes.

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
11 points in the final 15 games of the year, +5, multiple shots in most games. Got rewarded with minutes.

So an accumulation of points, +/- and shots are now the standards to which we assess whether or not a player was good?

DenverBoone

Oct 5, 2008

Nothing shocking about it at all. Chews up minutes, plays every game, puts up points, is pure class off the ice. Everything you want in a leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad