Confirmed with Link: Update: All Sabres games postponed through 2/13, per the NHL

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Looks more like regulations rather than a worry about a team outbreak due to the storm. Probably beneficial tbh to give the guys a break

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Devils forced to postpone three games because of COVID

The Devils played back-to-back games against the Sabres in Buffalo on Saturday and Sunday. Center Travis Zajac missed Saturday’s game after a positive test and forward Kyle Palmieri did not play Sunday after a positive test.

On Monday, Andreas Johnsson, Janne Kuokkanen, Michael McLeod and Pavel Zacha all tested positive. They played in the games over the weekend.

New Jersey now has 10 players on the COVID list, including No. 1 goaltender Mackenzie Blackwood.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
What is this system? I haven’t read up on any of it. Is it 10 players that tested positive? Or 10 that were in contact with someone positive? Idk how a team that shares a locker room could possibly separate themselves.
I’m not 100% sure of their protocols either but just from counting the positive tests in that article it looks like the majority are players who tested positive for covid (at least 6 from that article).

edit - I wonder if that’s one of the issues, Samsonite - as you said how can they possibly separate themselves in an NHL locker room? They don’t have the room to spread out like the NFL.
If they isolated close contacts after a covid positive case, they’d probably have to isolate the entire team.

Still doesn’t seem like their covid protocols are working very well, whatever they are. Not sure how you fix it though.

Last edited:

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I’m not 100% sure of their protocols either but just from counting the positive tests in that article it looks like the majority are players who tested positive for covid (at least 6 from that article).

edit - I wonder if that’s one of the issues, Samsonite - as you said how can they possibly separate themselves in an NHL locker room? They don’t have the room to spread out like the NFL.
If they isolated close contacts after a covid positive case, they’d probably have to isolate the entire team.

Still doesn’t seem like their covid protocols are working very well, whatever they are. Not sure how you fix it though.
I had seen something yesterday that stated 10 players/personnel.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The NHL took a look at Kreuger's pre-game lines and decided to shut it down before things got out of hand on the message boards.
It was the Giraffe Gods:
20210102_123048.jpg

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
What is this system? I haven’t read up on any of it. Is it 10 players that tested positive? Or 10 that were in contact with someone positive? Idk how a team that shares a locker room could possibly separate themselves.

No, Dell and Vatanen are in protocol because they traveled from abroad, Blackwood has tested positive 2 weeks ago, Carrick is in protocol because his wife had a baby, Zajac tested positive before games with Buffalo. Palmieri after game on saturday and Jonnson, Mcleod, Koukkonen and Zacha are in protocol after the game on sunday.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Incarcerated Bob saying (on Twitter) that the Sabres have at least 1 positive covid test. I hope he’s wrong but He broke the Sabres covid news and called out the people reporting it as a weather related delay.

(I can delete this post if this source is not allowed)

That guy has was making shit up on the radio for years before he was making shit up on Twitter. He's not a source anyone should be relying on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad