Update 10th OCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Files are done... More updates to follow..

With teams having less then the requirement at this stage of the game, is getting ridiculous. Pre-season will start shortly. But be warned, get your team into shape quickly or I will follow through with my hollow threats with the admin team.

FYI, A team compromises of 3 of each forward position, 6 blueliners and 2 goaltenders plus 3 skaters. Equalling 20 players.

So BE WARNED!!! I want to get this season started. I can't do it without your help.

As for the Kovalchuk issue, I will re-instate him as per the advice of OJ.

Dryden, I'm trying to do everything in my power to get this thing started.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I am almost ready. I have 19 players on my roster with a rating just over 68OV(which was the new min this season right?). The only thing I am missing is another goalie and I am on a hunt for one but it seems like no one would trade one...

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Dempsey said:
Martin,

You can always sign Brent Krahn off your prospects list...

I'm not sure that would really help - having a back-up G with a 48 OV rating doesn't help at all really - it makes up the numbers but can push your team OV below the magical 68. There is a real problem of a lack of real back-up G in the HFNHL at the moment.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
HFNHL Flames said:
There is a real problem of a lack of real back-up G in the HFNHL at the moment.

I agree... I'd imagine that's partly due to the way we handle rookie ratings. Good point about the 48OV hurting the average rating of teams. If we are going to continue to be serious about needing to maintain a min average rating (which is really needed, in my opinion), we should either make these players exempt from the average or give them ratings.

A system that discourages teams from signing prospects is not a good practice, IMO.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
HFNHL Flames said:
I'm not sure that would really help - having a back-up G with a 48 OV rating doesn't help at all really - it makes up the numbers but can push your team OV below the magical 68. There is a real problem of a lack of real back-up G in the HFNHL at the moment.

Atleast a 48OV rating is better then the 0OV rating I have now since I dont have a backup. Maybe my biggest problem is that my starting goaltender is rated 62OV. Something tells me he will not win me many games.

Will we have any waiverdraft this season?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Tampa GM said:
Will we have any waiverdraft this season?

No, for two reasons: we haven't played a season since the last waiver draft we held, and there is no more waiver draft in the NHL. Sorry, Martin. There are still some teams out there with depth in goal who would likely be willing to move one for a reaosnable price. Time to burn up the trade lines...

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
A small thing to point out...

Jamie Rivers' rating has been switched from 65 OV to 63 OV, magically. The rosters on dryden's site http://drydenmedia.com/hfnhl/ have him at a 65, as he is supposed to be. I only noticed this today when somebody asked me about him.

I'm not just trying to create for you Dion, I swear. ;)

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
I am ready for the season. I have two goalies(Yes I traded for one) and 18 other players for a total of 20. My overall rating is also above 70 so lets drop the puck!

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Sean Keogh said:
A small thing to point out...

Jamie Rivers' rating has been switched from 65 OV to 63 OV, magically. The rosters on dryden's site http://drydenmedia.com/hfnhl/ have him at a 65, as he is supposed to be. I only noticed this today when somebody asked me about him.

I'm not just trying to create for you Dion, I swear. ;)

Sean --- The ratings are all the same, it is because of the move to LW that his overall dropped. Not sure how that is calculated, but obviously he is considered more valuable as a d. Nothing that Dion can do about it.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
kasper11 said:
Sean --- The ratings are all the same, it is because of the move to LW that his overall dropped. Not sure how that is calculated, but obviously he is considered more valuable as a d. Nothing that Dion can do about it.

For example, strength is given a higher proportionate influence by the sim on the OV for defencemen versus forwards. Weird, but true. Other than our minimum OV requirement (and the attendance boost for players rated 80+), OV has no actual ingame purpose, so the impact should be minimal.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
kasper11 said:

Interesting. I did not know that. Good explanation though. Thanks Rich (and Doug, I guess :) ).

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Pandastyle said:
I just noticed on the roster page that I lost Vladimir Orszagh. Can I have him back? :)

-Andy, EDM GM

I can you have him back as long you don't play him against the Canes. :P

The reason why he was removed was the same reason why Kovalchuk was removed. Since I'll re-instate Kovalchuk, I'll do the same for Orszagh.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
kasper11 said:
Out of curiosity, is Orszagh playing in Europe? I thought he was just injured and nobody had signed him.

I don't know about him being injured. But I do know that he have been playing in his native Slovakia during the lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad