upd: Laine has 16 goals (5 tonight) in last 10 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
There has to be a good Fortnite joke for this. I couldn't think of one just yet.

Great game for Laine. Canucks could've tied it in the third then Laine took over.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Most people wrote him off with his slow start.
smh

Keeping playing him with KC and he will get 40 to 50 goals.

I think people just have to get accustomed to him being a slow starter. It takes time for him to adjust his sniper sights.

I don't expect him to reach 100% of his current potential until next year, early 2019. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go on another massive streak by then, like he did last season.

However, what I think he is really focused on, is having a better playoff run than the previous run he had.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I'm gonna put this here too because i think it's somewhat worth discussing. And because it pisses me off.

There is a situation like this in almost every game, and Byfuglien literally never passes it to Laine, no matter how open he is. I know that the pass to Wheeler and Wheeler passing it to Laine creates a better chance, but it's not an easy play to pull off.

522c95007a347e472fbb4f194f46105c.jpg

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Said in the GDT thread, not necessarily a great game tonight overall but still finish with the Hatty. Got a few opportunities and simply made no mistake. Then the EN at the end.

Nuck killer for sure. Even with the guys playing physical on him in the 2nd half & Pettersson backchecking hard on him. He still finished with 3. Doesn't take him much that's for sure.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
There is a situation like this in almost every game, and Byfuglien literally never passes it to Laine, no matter how open he is. I know that the pass to Wheeler and Wheeler passing it to Laine creates a better chance, but it's not an easy play to pull off.

I watched only half the game but this happened at least 2 times. Pisses me off as well.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Indeed.

Not too ambitious hatties/game rate this far. Only 1 hatty per 29GP. With this kind meagre hatty production pace he will have only 34 hatties when he hit the career game #1000, and most of those must have been heavily assisted, and likely include also a near worthless EN goals.

:sarcasm:

He's doing this on purpose.:eek:

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
I'm gonna put this here too because i think it's somewhat worth discussing. And because it pisses me off.

Laine has a great enough shot to toss him some quantity over quality chances every once in a while. He can make the best of them with his other-worldly shot. Not to mention that he's pretty good at finding other players when he puts his mind to it.

If there's one weakness that the Jets PP has, it's the fact that the opposition doesn't have to invest anything into shutting down the Buff-to-Laine lane. Because the passes between the two simply never happen, and the odd times that they have happened in the past, there has usually been a miscommunication.

I think opposite teams have picked up on this and basically just ignore Laine when Buff has the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad