Pre-Game Talk: Upcoming Bruins Games

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Mods, forgive me if a thread like this exists in a place I couldn't find, but thought it would be handy to discuss certain games down the line which may be crucial or that people are genuinely interested in, if theres a more appropriate thread title or destination do as you must.

After such a disaster road trip in Cali I think our next road trip where we play Nashville and Minnesota back to back nights will be crucial for the Bs to consolidate points coming up to the end of December, they get a night off after Minnesota then they're off to chilly Winnipeg to square off with Hutch and his Jets again, 3 tough games that we can't afford to walk away from empty handed.

Preds are hot, Wild made a fool of the Bs last match and have shown flashes of dominance during the season, and the Jets took it all the way to OT last time we squared off, if we have Chara and Krejci in the lineup I am rather confident of coming away with 4 points at the bare minimum, if we are without both then who knows. A sweep would be nice, we have some catching up to do after all.

Thoughts? Any other stretch you're looking at with interest?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Mods, forgive me if a thread like this exists in a place I couldn't find, but thought it would be handy to discuss certain games down the line which may be crucial or that people are genuinely interested in, if theres a more appropriate thread title or destination do as you must.

After such a disaster road trip in Cali I think our next road trip where we play Nashville and Minnesota back to back nights will be crucial for the Bs to consolidate points coming up to the end of December, they get a night off after Minnesota then they're off to chilly Winnipeg to square off with Hutch and his Jets again, 3 tough games that we can't afford to walk away from empty handed.

Preds are hot, Wild made a fool of the Bs last match and have shown flashes of dominance during the season, and the Jets took it all the way to OT last time we squared off, if we have Chara and Krejci in the lineup I am rather confident of coming away with 4 points at the bare minimum, if we are without both then who knows. A sweep would be nice, we have some catching up to do after all.

Thoughts? Any other stretch you're looking at with interest?

Only stretch this fan cares about is the playoff stretch, been watching far too long to get myself turned inside out about where this team is in the standings in December

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
i hate how weird the schedule is this year. 4 days off? seems like such a long wait.

I know, spoiled Bruins fan.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
i hate how weird the schedule is this year. 4 days off? seems like such a long wait.

I know, spoiled Bruins fan.

Bruins have had some games crammed together too. Guess the long stretch is due to that.

It's a long wait until Thursday but the team could do with the rest and it means the injured get 4 days with no missed games to recover. It looks like Chara's return will be soon (although Indont think Thursday soon). Who knows with Krejci-skating and full contact are two different birds.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's time to string some wins together,we could leap frog teams ahead of us or be over taken by those behind. The return of Chara and Krejci are crucial but should not be rushed at the risk of re-injury. December is the hardest month on our Schedule, we can lick our wounds later but it would be nice to come out of the month still in contention.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Bruins have had some games crammed together too. Guess the long stretch is due to that.

It's a long wait until Thursday but the team could do with the rest and it means the injured get 4 days with no missed games to recover. It looks like Chara's return will be soon (although Indont think Thursday soon). Who knows with Krejci-skating and full contact are two different birds.

I know. Completely selfish. I just expect Tues, Thurs, Sat and maybe a Sunday. Almost puts me in a weekly rhythm. But they do need these games off, I'm just a putz.:laugh:

iGetCarried*

So according to Fluto, the D-pairings were:

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Miller
Krug-Trotman

Um......Where is Morrow?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Someone gave the Herald some bad info it seems because it sounds like Krejci has improved quite a bit according to Mike Loftus and others via Twitter.

Mike Loftus
‏@MLoftus_Ledger
#NHLBruins doing 2 Fs vs. 2 Ds drill; Krejci taking lots of contact; Chara leaning on people, too.
https://twitter.com/MLoftus_Ledger/status/542349195966185475

Mike Loftus ‏
@MLoftus_Ledger
#NHLBruins C D.Krejci hopped up on boards at end of formal practice; talked w/training staffer Scott Waugh for several minutes; left ice.

https://twitter.com/MLoftus_Ledger/status/542355023347609600

As for Z, maybe Thursday? *fingers crossed* Poor Griff.

Dan Cagen ‏
@DanCagen
Chara just pummeled Seth Griffith along the boards. Sorry, rookie, the guy hasn't hit in a while ...

https://twitter.com/DanCagen/status/542347740878217216

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
So according to Fluto, the D-pairings were:

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Miller
Krug-Trotman

Um......Where is Morrow?

Julien is at it again. The ONE guy we have who can play top 4 type hockey in Morrow, and he is a scratch. Maybe Krug if we are desperate... but let's just use McQuaid or Miller or Bart there, always.

And don't forget, Trotman needs to be out there any time we are down a goal or on a PP or have the goalie pulled with under 3 minutes left!

iGetCarried*

Julien is at it again. The ONE guy we have who can play top 4 type hockey in Morrow, and he is a scratch. Maybe Krug if we are desperate... but let's just use McQuaid or Miller or Bart there, always.

And don't forget, Trotman needs to be out there any time we are down a goal or on a PP or have the goalie pulled with under 3 minutes left!

It's gross. Really it is gross.

Morrow has been solid, and yet after that ANA game where he showed some sweet dangles on Andersson he has been in and out of the lineup. What ****ing gives?! Send him down if he isn't going to play.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Not really many exciting games coming up if it's Nashville and Minnesota. Maybe we can slash a few of their hands the way they did to Hamilton and Krug. Chicago could be a good game but if we have no Chara/Krejci it won't be such a good game!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Damn virus is going around the room now according to Claude..

Boston Bruins
‏@NHLBruins

Julien said Daniel Paille & Carl Soderberg missed practice with a virus.

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/542357578605678592

Mumps is a virus. We were in Anaheim. $*$(ity #$(% ^$#$ #$(^.

Granted, incubation period is more like 2 weeks, and they've "only" been gone for 10 days, but maybe they're testing them to avoid spread in the B's locker room. Plus, I totally figured it would be Bart and Miller to bring home the mumps.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Mumps is a virus. We were in Anaheim. $*$(ity #$(% ^$#$ #$(^.

Granted, incubation period is more like 2 weeks, and they've "only" been gone for 10 days, but maybe they're testing them to avoid spread in the B's locker room. Plus, I totally figured it would be Bart and Miller to bring home the mumps.
We played St. Louis when they had an outbreak.

According to an article I read about Ryan Suter getting them this week, it sounds like Anaheim and other teams are providing players with booster shots.

Smitty was on the radio this morning and said they get vaccinated in Canada too.

Not sure about Europe as I know Folin and Brodin both got it (both from Sweden).

Their is a nasty virus going around right now that isn't mumps.Not fun.

iGetCarried*

Hoping everything is ok with Gagne. Hoping this gives a guy like CC, Knight, Randell. Just someone a chance in that spot, assuming he misses thurs. game. Just please no Fraser/Caron/etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad