Upcoming back-to-backs against Caps/Flyers

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
These next two series (back to back against the caps then back to back against the flyers) might just be the biggest games of the year for the pens. Mini series against 2 playoff caliber teams; these games will show you more of what the pens are made of than any other games so far. Gonna be a huge test for the team as a whole and should give us a sign of what playoff's are gonna look like.

How do you guys think the pens will do over these next four games and what are the keys to success?

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
I don't think so. If we go 0-4, we're still sitting comfortably at the top of the division while our opponents are still very much battling for the playoff spots.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Will be a testimate to whether or not they learned to control their emotions in big games. Both these teams are possible first rounders, likely second.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For me... the west coast back-to-back was more important. Those are the big time teams this year. Philly and Washington have the same inconsistent issues we do.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Im looking forward to these games, they will probably be like playoff games because of how much they mean to the caps/flyers, but they mean nothing to the pens, the pens don't play a game that matters til game 1 of the playoffs.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, the East is very weak outside of Boston and the Pens.
The SJ/Anaheim gauntlet was a much tougher test.

These games will be good for Bylsma to set his lines and have a mini 2 game series before the playoffs.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I just hope that he can show some damn adaptability. He has his philosophy. "Get it north," and what not. Okay. But if say the other team is clogging the neutral zone as a coach you have to make a tactical adjustment. I hope to see that. If we see the same gamplan throughout all 4 games and we lose one and don't adapt the next game against the same opponent, well, my playoff hopes will already be lowered.

Yea, the East is very weak outside of Boston and the Pens.
The SJ/Anaheim gauntlet was a much tougher test.

These games will be good for Bylsma to set his lines and have a mini 2 game series before the playoffs.

Also, are we somehow forgetting about what happened against the Isles last year? I don't care how weak the East is.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
For me... the west coast back-to-back was more important. Those are the big time teams this year. Philly and Washington have the same inconsistent issues we do.

Yeah, that's the way I view it as well.

I expect to go 3-1 over the next 4.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad