Pre-Game Talk: Upcoming Back to Back: Away vs CBJ, Home vs FLA

How many points

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We suck eggs against both those teams no matter how bad Columbus is they always find a way to "Stand Us Up". I expect a big goose egg. This was always a .500 team at best with Dach in the lineup and Monahan healthy. We know we don't have part 1 and Monahan has either checked out or will be on IR soon. Without Dach and a questionable Monahan we are incredibly weak down the middle. There is absolutely nothing in Laval at center either. It's a shame we have no veteran presence to step in and help solidify our top six. It's sad actually.

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
All I know is this board will be mad if we don't win or mad that we didn't tank.

I know that for myself, I don't really care about the actual team right now, was ready for us to go through rough times for years, so losing is just part of the cycle, which I hope will end well for us. But right now ? Growing pains for most of our youngsters, and some dead weight that still needs to be shed, nothing really enjoyable to watch, but it is what it is.

But I'm still here every day, cause I think while there are obvious loud mouths on both sides of the spectrum, most people here just want to have fun to some extent. those GDT threads by Runner or anyone else are damn enjoyable to read for sure, and posters actually discussing hockey, be it from different eras or just theoretically, without being obnoxious, makes for this board a very interesting one to read.

I voted for 1 point, and it's not because I don't like the team, but I won't be mad whether we win or lose, and I know I'm not alone.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Jake Allen to Robidas Island please..................go with the two kids in net, and off we go!!
We need to find out if these two guys can carry the mail, we KNOW Allen can't and is NOT part of the future.
What do we do with Allen? Not even the Oilers are desperate enough to take him. We really shot ourselves in the foot with that extension.

Reactions: Rapala and BLONG7

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
The Blue Jackets are sucking too. It'll be a matter of who sucks worse Wednesday. Florida is another matter entirely, it'll be a walkover for them no problem

Reactions: Runner77

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I expect we will see armia draw on, which is fine by me. We need a revamp of the lines to create a clearer top and bottom six. No need to spread the offence thin with ylonen and Monahan playing too low.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Newhook-Monahan-Ylonen
Pearson-Dvorak-Armia
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher

I can't see Anderson being scratched so pezz gets the short straw. I'd like to see Pearson and Armia work together I think they'd cycle well. Ylonen and Newhook can benefit from playing with the veteran Monahan, who gets help from their speed.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Alex Newhook and Sean Monahan have more points than that sell out female dawg Johnny Hawkay

Jesse Ylonen and Petite Laine have the same stat line

Sucks to suck

IMG_20231115_163656.jpg

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Time for another incantation:

Hippidity dippity doo, leave those Jackets blue. Rabblilty rabberdy ra, those Cats won't leave a scar.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Do what the Leafs do, injury in practice, and bam, we are good to go.

The extension was the one move by Hughes, that made zero sense to me.....
Wait what ! Hughes made a mistake ? You mean he's not the second coming of Christ Stu Cowan :pcheer:and the other cheerleaders are screaming about.

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
He is human!! LOL.
As for Cowan, 10 years of interviewing a clown, well after that, anyone would look like the second coming................
I do like alot of things Hughes/Gorton have done but the MSL/Burrows/Robidas thing is a head scratcher,I would have liked a little more experienced coaching staff,it's like one big gamble,if it works out great! but if it doesn't it sets us back even further.

Reactions: BLONG7

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So they beat the Bruins... never Bet on hockey

We see this all the time with bottom dwellers.
How many times last season did we win games against teams we had no business beating?
We'll hear about how well the Habs played but lost in the conversation is how the opponent just didn't show up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad