Untouchables

highflyer2

Sep 15, 2011
With the adeges of it has to get worse before it gets better and no pain, no gain (maybe misconstrued) who would our untouchables be and, outside of those who would you feel comfortable moving to address needs that we lack now. With Homer gone I'm thinking the "win now" mentality is gone and will most likely be focused on our future. Just thinking that it isn't outside the realm of possiblility we move some vital pieces to obtain players needed for the future. Thoughts?

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
100% untouchable should be giroux, ghost, couturier and possibly voracek. People who might be untouchable, or just short should be simmonds, mason, morin, stolarz, read, then there's people who I'd rather keep but they might be traded, like the Brayden's. I might be ok trading away coburn, anyone else though I would be fine trading (unless I forgot someone)

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Aboslutely untouchable:

Giroux

Untouchables unless a great deal comes along:

Couts
Voracek
Simmonds
Morin

Just my regular untouchables:

Schenn
Ghost

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Untouchable:
Giroux

Untouchable for anything short of massive overpayment:
Couturier
Voracek

Wouldn't want to trade:
Simmonds
Coburn
Read
Laughton (has more to do with what he can do for the roster more than anything)
Morin
Ghost

Would move if the right deal came along:
Streit
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
Hagg
Raffl
Umberger

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Untouchable:
Giroux

Untouchable for anything short of massive overpayment:
Couturier
Voracek

Wouldn't want to trade:
Simmonds
Coburn
Read
Laughton (has more to do with what he can do for the roster more than anything)
Morin
Ghost
Mason

Would move if the right deal came along:
Streit
B. Schenn
L. Schenn
Hagg
Raffl
Umberger

Good list. Now it's complete. :)

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont believe in untouchables, every one has a price. That being said, it would be really hard for me to to trade Giroux and Couturier.

Last edited:

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
I dont believe in untouchables, every one has a price. That being said, it would be really hard for me to to trade Giroux and Couturier.

Yeah, no one in the league is untouchable. Everyone has a price. That being said, trading Giroux would only make sense if you're getting a Lindros type package back for him like we gave to Colorado.

EDIT: Though I would be really heartbroken if I saw G raising the cup on another team. It would be 10 times worse than watching frick and frack out in LA. I'd probably give up all together on this organization then. So, I take back my first statement. No one is untouchable except for G;)

Last edited:

MetalMilitia44

Jun 17, 2014
Besides Giroux, obviously, I'd have to keep Ghost and Morin in there, especially with the way Ghost's stock skyrocketed this past year. We can't get better if we keep trading away our best prospects. What would we realistically get in return for Ghost or Morin, besides someone older who can play now. Culture needs to change. Stick to your guys.

sg12lw

Aug 22, 2008
My list:

Giroux
Jake
Morin
Ghost (only bc im dying to see him play for us ha)

Everyone else I'm at least listening if someone makes an offer.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Giroux is as close to untouchable as we have. Couturier is damn close. Everyone else is available for the right deal/price.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Nothing is truly untouchable.

But, if we think of it this way. How much of an overpayment would it take us trade them?

Massive:

Giroux
Couturier
Our D-prospects (Ghost, Morin, Sanheim, Hagg, Alt)

Very Large:

Voracek
Simmonds
Mason

Large:

Read
Laughton
B. Schenn
Raffl

Fair value

Coburn
Streit
L. Schenn
Our other prospects
Rinaldo

Underpayment:

MacDonald
Lecavalier
Grossmann
Umberger

I might be forgetting somebody IDK.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Giroux Couturier Voracek Mason are the only 4 for me. Morin is probably close and B Schenn and Simmonds are as well but I would let them go if a #1 LW in his prime or a #1 Dman was coming back.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
I rank B Schenn above Coots. Coots will never have second line scoring ability, and good shut down centers aren't that hard to find.

GoingTopShelf

Aug 1, 2012
Untouchable:
Giroux
Couturier
Mason
Ghost
Morin
Sanheim

Huge overpayment:
Voracek
Simmonds
Read
Timonen
Hägg
Laughton
Stolarz
1st round picks

In the right deal:
Umberger
B.Schenn
Raffl
Rinaldo
Streit
MacDonald
Coburn
L.Schenn
Leier
Cousins
Alt
Bellemare
Heeter
2nd round picks

Available:
Lecavalier
Rosehill
McGinn
Akeson
Grossmann
Straka
Lauridsen

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Giroux, Couturier, Simmonds and Voracek are untouchable for me right now because you won't get players back who can fulfill their role at the same price.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I rank B Schenn above Coots. Coots will never have second line scoring ability, and good shut down centers aren't that hard to find.

50 points is 2nd line scoring. You think Couturier will never get that high after getting 39 as a 21 year old with limited PP time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad