Unreal play by Kuzy/ Ovi, Connolly Backhand inside bar down

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Was there ever a view that showed him offside? Or was it one of those "the ruling on the field stands"?
There wasn't a clear view due to the camera angle, but it was clear Ovie's back skate was off the ice before it entered the zone, but one camera blocked the puck entry and the other didn't show Ovie clearly. One of those we all know it's offside but cameras only show half the story.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Was there ever a view that showed him offside? Or was it one of those "the ruling on the field stands"?

Nope, just sharks fans being bitter after their team couldn't headshot and hack their way to a win.

Clear as day he was onside even with the interference against Kuzy.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
i suppose this goal might be a little bit above average at best.

certainly not poty worthy.

seemed like the capital player at the top of the screen was offside but hard to say for certain one way or the other based on any of the videos in this thread.

i'm relatively new on this forum and not clear why this thread would be on the main board?

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
i suppose this goal might be a little bit above average at best.

certainly not poty worthy.

seemed like the capital player at the top of the screen was offside but hard to say for certain one way or the other based on any of the videos in this thread.

i'm relatively new on this forum and not clear why this thread would be on the main board?

Are you new to hockey? If not then you should understand how tough that first pass from Kuznetsov was (One handed while getting hit). It's not the goal that impressed me, it's the set up from Kuzy and Ovi.

In terms of this "thread being on the main board"; This Forum is drowned by "Player A is better than Player B and this is why" nonsense. I find it refreshing to see threads that contain impressive plays/goals/saves/hits/etc.

Reactions: jd22

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Are you new to hockey? If not then you should understand how tough that first pass from Kuznetsov was (One handed while getting hit). It's not the goal that impressed me, it's the set up from Kuzy and Ovi.

In terms of this "thread being on the main board"; This Forum is drowned by "Player A is better than Player B and this is why" nonsense. I find it refreshing to see threads that contain impressive plays/goals/saves/hits/etc.

You and me both. I wish there was a stickied 'plays of the night' thread or something like that, there's far too much conjectural and hypothetical drivel on the main boards. Nice to see something that's actually about hockey and not the Oilers 2023 first overall pick, or a Matthews circle jerk.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies

lol. like i said it's a slightly above average play from beginning to end. i understand how a new or inexperienced fan would think this was some PLAY OF THE YEAR!! when in fact it's just above average. i'd venture to say i played more hockey last week then you've ever played in your life.

as for being on the main board i can get down with your explanation, i was just asking because i wasn't sure and find there is a lot of contradictory "do as i say not as i do" type attitude here. at the same time i'm sure the OP appreciates candid commentary and doesn't just want a bunch of OMG!!! Greatest Play Ever weak fawning posts. :thumbu:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
That is certainly debatable, but it was definitely close.

That's some tinfoil hat stuff right there. Exaggerating and implying a conspiracy don't help your credibility.
Like one of those where the goalie scoops the puck out of the net after the whistle but you never see it go in so its no goal. Can't really blame the refs since they stuck with the original call, but more bummed that neither angle could show the puck still being on the line with Ovi's back skate up.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Like one of those where the goalie scoops the puck out of the net after the whistle but you never see it go in so its no goal. Can't really blame the refs since they stuck with the original call, but more bummed that neither angle could show the puck still being on the line with Ovi's back skate up.

I agree that it isn't definitive one way or the other.

And it always stings more when you're on the short end of those.

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
lol. like i said it's a slightly above average play from beginning to end. i understand how a new or inexperienced fan would think this was some PLAY OF THE YEAR!! when in fact it's just above average. i'd venture to say i played more hockey last week then you've ever played in your life.

I've been playing since I was 8 and still play twice a week at the tender age of 28. My aim wasn't to jab at you, much like you did to me, but to simply explain how a seemingly easy pass by Kuzy is actually extremely tough to pull off. Since you stated you were new around here, it could be seen as you were newer to hockey in general.

And I never came out screaming and shouting "PLAY OF THE YEAR!!!!", I said it's a candidate for poty in my opinion. Grow up bud.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
I've been playing since I was 8 and still play twice a week at the tender age of 28. My aim wasn't to jab at you, much like you did to me, but to simply explain how a seemingly easy pass by Kuzy is actually extremely tough to pull off. Since you stated you were new around here, it could be seen as you were newer to hockey in general.

And I never came out screaming and shouting "PLAY OF THE YEAR!!!!", I said it's a candidate for poty in my opinion. Grow up bud.

good for you, if what you have said is accurate about how much you play (which btw i don't doubt) then you can comfortably say you've played about 15% as much as i have.

anyway, my last reply to you it didn't even dawn on me you were the OP, just an fyi.

much like you thinking i was new to hockey because i'm a newer poster, i thought you were new to hockey based on how excited you got over a relatively average play.

anyway, no biggie, glad we were able to maturely clarify your initial emotional outburst and LET'S GO HOCKEY!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad