unpopular opinion: losing Pastrnak probably only hurts in loss of depth and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
...I would even consider trying to trade the first-line star for a third-line center and a second-line right wing. (I doubt that Krug alone could bring such a needed package back.)

my main point is that the team is just minorly worse without Patrnak -- yes, even considering the magic flashy scoring thing that hypnotizes people away from the relative minus that drained a lot of production out of the team's superstar pairing. (yep.) Heinen was absolutely the right call. this team is not a conundrum and they should be fine. they can try a few more call-ups and hope another Cehlarik is down there. it surely isn't Donato nor Smith.

anyway, I figured that this far into the season was a fair point to get a twist more intraline relativity into the overall player seasonal output calculations that I produce. while that did very little to hurt Pastrnak's number, it did the opposite of help. it helped Kuraly, Heinen, which is absolutely fair.

I am experimenting with total removal of zone progress, as it is inherently at least partially redundant and I consumed a detailed analysis of its relative irrelevance -- if you dig -- that has me convinced to at least further downplay its factoring, which I had already been tweaking down and have removed for this batch. well, anyway, thing:

2ro1ao9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad