Speculation: Unnamed Sabre to be suspended a game

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
GM Murray says unnamed Sabre is "probably going to be suspended for a game"
A Buffalo Sabre could soon be facing punishment from the NHL. Sabres general manager Tim Murray joined Mike Schopp & The Bulldog on Thursday and said the following:

"We had a player this week [who's] probably going to get suspended for a game for something that happened away from the ice ... He happened to be there when there was an incident happening."

His comment about the suspension comes at the 6:30 into the embedded audio.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
I heard this live and thought he was talking about a Sabres prospect not necessarily not a Sabres player. I know Schopp asked him "Sabre" and Murray said yes but the conversation what regarding prospects.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wasn't there a Tinder problem with someone from the Petes? That would certainly qualify as "off-ice"...maybe a Sabres prospect was involved?

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl
Sabres GM Tim Murray about one-game suspension he mentioned on WGR: "It’s not a Buffalo Sabres player. It’s a Buffalo Sabres property."

Probably a prospect then.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl
Sabres GM Tim Murray about one-game suspension he mentioned on WGR: "It’s not a Buffalo Sabres player. It’s a Buffalo Sabres property."

Sounds like most of us here heard it this way. I was surprised most (all?) the media jumped on board as a current Sabre player.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl

Prospect has a picture online at a strip club in Canada...

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Prospect has a picture online at a strip club in Canada...

So was it wrong to be at a strip club, taking a picture, taking a picture and posting it??? What if you're buddy takes the picture? What if it's your 19th birthday and Sundowner puts you up on stage and the strippers dance all around you and take your clothes off???

There could be a lot of mitigating circumstances here. I'd like Murray to elaborate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad