Unlikely players who scored big playoff goals

SopelFan*

Hi.

This is my first thread.

My name is IceColdWeather- love the game of hockey.

With Talbot scoring both goals in game 7 of the Cup Finals, I was thinking about other examples of unlikely/unexpected players who scored big postseason goals.

I'll start with one.

Game 7, 1993 Campbell Conference Finals. Everyone remembers Gretzky's hat trick, but his third goal actually increased the lead to 5-3.

Earlier in that period, Mike Donnelly scored the tiebreaking goal that, IMO, turned out to be the most important goal of the game.

If Donnelly doesn't score, Gretzky's hat trick goal puts the Kings up 5-4 and, considering Ellett's late goal, turned out to be the crucial goal.
No. Your name is Al Bundy.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
that goal in 2003 is Mike Rupp's only playoff goal ever. wouldn't be shocked if it ends up that way. at least Matteau had other goals.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
First name that popped in my head is Niclas Wallin. 3 career playoff goals. All 3 are OT winners.

Damn, you beat me to it. That one in '06 was just surreal. Knowing his history, once he went on that rush I knew he was going to score. He didn't even get a decent shot off but still got it in anyway :laugh:

Mark753

Jun 15, 2009
Martin Gelinas had 3 straight series winners in 2004, not 4. The Flames, of course, didn't win the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad