Unlikable team/organization

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I have to say right now this just feel like such an unlikable team from top (owner) to bottom (players).

It really feels like just everyone within this organization is either delusional or downright a fool. Even the players, when they talk about proving everyone wrong and everybody taking shots at them...ummm, yeah for good reason, you guys are a joke. Who the heck have you proven wrong about anything. Usually, I at least still feel for the players, but there are maybe 5 or 6 guys on this team I even like at this point. I honestly get the feeling that this group thinks they are better than they are, which is a problem in itself.

With Wang, I dont think I need to explain why he is unlikable.

As for Snow, watching the guy speak I am convinced that he is delusional. I dont even think he thinks he is lying, I think he genuinely believes that he is right and the entire rest of the hockey world is wrong. That only he knows what he is doing and everybody else is crazy for criticizing him.

I mean the guy has managed a team for 8 years with two playoff appearances and 5 bottom 5 finishes in the league. I think if I had to take a guess who is right, him or the entire rest of the hockey world, I am going to place my bet on the rest of the hockey world.

It is honestly sad what has happened after the feeling of this finally turning around last season. I honestly think we have taken 5 steps back this year.

rollin109

Jun 21, 2007
I have to say right now this just feel like such an unlikable team from top (owner) to bottom (players).

It really feels like just everyone within this organization is either delusional or downright a fool. Even the players, when they talk about proving everyone wrong and everybody taking shots at them...ummm, yeah for good reason, you guys are a joke. Who the heck have you proven wrong about anything. Usually, I at least still feel for the players, but there are maybe 5 or 6 guys on this team I even like at this point. I honestly get the feeling that this group thinks they are better than they are, which is a problem in itself.

With Wang, I dont think I need to explain why he is unlikable.

As for Snow, watching the guy speak I am convinced that he is delusional. I dont even think he thinks he is lying, I think he genuinely believes that he is right and the entire rest of the hockey world is wrong. That only he knows what he is doing and everybody else is crazy for criticizing him.

I mean the guy has managed a team for 8 years with two playoff appearances and 5 bottom 5 finishes in the league. I think if I had to take a guess who is right, him or the entire rest of the hockey world, I am going to place my bet on the rest of the hockey world.

It is honestly sad what has happened after the feeling of this finally turning around last season. I honestly think we have taken 5 steps back this year.

You are right and its because nobody cares....If you have an owner that doesn't care if you win then why should anyone else. Just come to the rink "do your job" and go home.

I don't know if anyone heard Botta on the radio yesterday talking about how he thinks Wang dealt with Snow regarding the Vanek trade. He said he most likely just put his arm around him and said ok that didn't work out lets just pick up the pieces and move forward from here.

There is no accountability in this organization for anyone not the gm not the coach and not the players. So what is their motivation to win or even to care if they win. Aside from a handful of players like you said that are just competitive by nature and can't help but wanting to work hard and win.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
C'mon now, we do have likable players.

these guys are between a rock and a hard place.
are they really supposed to blast their bosses? right or wrong.
if they do they get called selfish and now we are going to call them unlikable?

how can you not like a guy like John Tavares? he knows this isnt and has not been the best organization to be in. but he showed grerat commitment to the team and us fans by signing that sweet contract.

now maybe he was misled, maybe he is nieve, but he is not unlikable.

and i will never defend the way Snow or Wang runs this organization, but i will support the players that work their butts off and want to win.

MaryChristine*

It's an unlikable organization- you can tell because no one wants to come here
It's a likable team- you can tell because most who have been forced to come to the island have stayed.

Don't be mad at the guys for wanting to prove the talking heads wrong. It shows that they care despite everything that is going on around them.
They care despite having cappy as a coach, Garth as a GM and Wang as an owner.
Pray that they continue to care about their performance.. it's the only hope we have.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
C'mon now, we do have likable players.

these guys are between a rock and a hard place.
are they really supposed to blast their bosses? right or wrong.
if they do they get called selfish and now we are going to call them unlikable?

how can you not like a guy like John Tavares? he knows this isnt and has not been the best organization to be in. but he showed grerat commitment to the team and us fans by signing that sweet contract.

now maybe he was misled, maybe he is nieve, but he is not unlikable.

and i will never defend the way Snow or Wang runs this organization, but i will support the players that work their butts off and want to win.

Until they become UFAs, in which case they are free, kind of like Montreal Expo players.

Or, they can do what Nino did. I hope none of them paid any attention to him...

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I was shaken, to say the least, after what transpired on deadline day. I hate to say it, because I absolutely despise Ray Ferraro since he's become so anti-Islander, but that segment on the NHL network show just before the deadline hit where the studio guys basically excoriated the entire organization really bothered me. It was the 1st time, for me at least, I've ever heard media, if you will, outside the organization verbalize how much of a joke this team is considered. This, coupled with Vanek rejecting us and our past inability to land FA's, has me very, very worried that come July 1st(or whenever free agent day is), basically NO free agent of any value will even WANT to come here, no matter how much money we have to spend to get to the cap floor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if no free agents of note are signed and we go into next season with pretty much the same team with some creative bookkeeping getting us to the floor. I hope I'm wrong. That being said, I'd be VERY hesitant to take this years pick unless it's top 3, because this team could very well be just as bad next year.

I've done a 180. I have zero confidence in this organization right now.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I like all the players for the most part...The owner is the only person who IMO is completely 'Unlikeable'....zero redeeming quality at this point for Mr. Wang

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I was shaken, to say the least, after what transpired on deadline day. I hate to say it, because I absolutely despise Ray Ferraro since he's become so anti-Islander, but that segment on the NHL network show just before the deadline hit where the studio guys basically excoriated the entire organization really bothered me. It was the 1st time, for me at least, I've ever heard media, if you will, outside the organization verbalize how much of a joke this team is considered. This, coupled with Vanek rejecting us and our past inability to land FA's, has me very, very worried that come July 1st(or whenever free agent day is), basically NO free agent of any value will even WANT to come here, no matter how much money we have to spend to get to the cap floor. I wouldn't be surprised at all if no free agents of note are signed and we go into next season with pretty much the same team with some creative bookkeeping getting us to the floor. I hope I'm wrong. That being said, I'd be VERY hesitant to take this years pick unless it's top 3, because this team could very well be just as bad next year.

I've done a 180. I have zero confidence in this organization right now.

"Life is pain, Highness"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad