Confirmed with Link: Unified Suspension Theory (Thornton Gets 15, Engo Gets 5)

penguins2946*

3-5 for Neal. 20+ for Thornton. Big fine to the Bruins and Jullien because the attack was premeditated.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If it was up to me i'd give Neal 10 games, but i think he will get 2-3 games, Neal isn't considered a repeat offender and there was no injury on the play.

The Pope*

Cheese this will be his third suspention I think that qualifies as a repete offender

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
3-5 for Neal. 20+ for Thornton. Big fine to the Bruins and Jullien because the attack was premeditated.

I hope the league makes an example out of this situation and does this. A lot of guys would sure think twice about pulling some crazy stunt like attacking someone from behind if they were going to be suspended for 1/4 of the season. I've seen some guys over the years show a complete lack of respect towards the safety of other players. Things need to change fast because it seems like it's only gotten worse in the last 5 years and players are getting injured left, right, and center.

The Pope*

Thornton deserves a large suspension Neal deserves one as well. I was just looking at the replay of the hit on Ericsson and it looks like the head was the primary point of contact. I could see a 1-3 on orpik as well just because of the attention to head shots

The Pope*

not by the NHL's rules. Repeat offender status is revoked 18 months after the previous suspension ends. Neal's last suspension was 20 months ago in April 2012.

I think that's splitting hairs. It will still be looked at as a repeat offender even though not officially

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think that's splitting hairs. It will still be looked at as a repeat offender even though not officially

That's what the rules say under the CBA, if he was looked at as a repeat offender he would probably have an in person hearing instead of a phone hearing.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

The NHLPA wouldn't allow that.

That being said, the fact that being a repeat offender disappears after 18 is very flawed.

The Pope*

I hope the league makes an example out of this situation and does this. A lot of guys would sure think twice about pulling some crazy stunt like attacking someone from behind if they were going to be suspended for 1/4 of the season. I've seen some guys over the years show a complete lack of respect towards the safety of other players. Things need to change fast because it seems like it's only gotten worse in the last 5 years and players are getting injured left, right, and center.

I can't agree more!! First they need to scrap the instigator rule it seemed safer when the players policed themselves. Players had to be accountable....it seemed to me and I have been a fan for along time (45 years) I am 51 players respected each other more

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
What should happen? Four games and a fine for Neal. Twenty games and a huge fine for Thornton.

What will happen? Two games for Neal. Six games for Thornton.

Skillzz

Registered Boozer
Jan 27, 2012
Omicron Persei 8
I don't really know where to put this / I don't know if anyone has seen this, but just thought I'd share this gem with everyone

Sean Avery
‏@imseanavery
Just saw the chicken **** moves by Orpik and Neal......maybe lying on the ice knocked out will make u think twice....#16

If it was up to this bag of ****, Thornton should't get anything! I sure missed this ****er, DIDN'T EVERYONE ELSE?!?!

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA

It's not splitting hairs. It's the rules. What's your business?

Not sure of anyone else saw some of NHL tonight on NHL network but man do I feel dumber for having listened to Kelly Chase try and justify what Thornton did. :shakehead

For the second straight night that wannabe relevant meathead has spewed garbage on national airwaves. Tonight's special: What Thornton did was no worse than Nash and Ovechkin taking swings at each other during a shift. In fact Thornton didn't even hit Orpik as hard! Chase is a clown. Let's get the guys who specialized in getting punched in the head and get them in front of a camera. Just because ESPN does it with retired football players doesn't mean the NHL Network should.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
What should happen? Four games and a fine for Neal. Twenty games and a huge fine for Thornton.

What will happen? Two games for Neal. Six games for Thornton.

I don't think you're too far off, but Neal didn't tearfully apologize, so he gets three. Maybe they bump it up to eight for Thornton.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I don't really know where to put this / I don't know if anyone has seen this, but just thought I'd share this gem with everyone

Sean Avery
‏@imseanavery
Just saw the chicken **** moves by Orpik and Neal......maybe lying on the ice knocked out will make u think twice....#16

If it was up to this bag of ****, Thornton should't get anything! I sure missed this ****er, DIDN'T EVERYONE ELSE?!?!

Not surprised that Sean Avery is still a doosh. Thank God he's out of the league.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Here's what's gonna happen:

Unless someone actually pulls a gun on the ice, Shanny wants to suspend for the least amount of time possible, and Neal's knee is going to help him do that.

He's going to go easy on Neal so he can go easy on Thornton.

And honestly, who cares about what Avery thinks? I'm willing to bet real money that within a few years some maid is going to find him hanging from a neck tie in some hotel closet.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
For the second straight night that wannabe relevant meathead has spewed garbage on national airwaves. Tonight's special: What Thornton did was no worse than Nash and Ovechkin taking swings at each other during a shift. In fact Thornton didn't even hit Orpik as hard! Chase is a clown. Let's get the guys who specialized in getting punched in the head and get them in front of a camera. Just because ESPN does it with retired football players doesn't mean the NHL Network should.

It's one thing if that was on NESN or even a TSN/ESPN, but to be on the Leagues Network with that stance is just.....mind boggling

I was just looking at the replay of the hit on Ericsson and it looks like the head was the primary point of contact. I could see a 1-3 on orpik as well just because of the attention to head shots

Huh? Not a chance Orpik is suspended for a legal check. Might want to check that replay one more time.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005

Sean Avery
‏@imseanavery

Who is Sean Avery? Does he play for Mystery Alaska?

:ghost2:

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
neal gets 5, the max for him in this situation....

I figured the NHL would wuss out with a ten for thornton, but the more I feel through what it out there around this Im thinking its going to be at least 20. Already told he cant travel with the team... its going to be bad for him

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Here's what's gonna happen:

Unless someone actually pulls a gun on the ice, Shanny wants to suspend for the least amount of time possible, and Neal's knee is going to help him do that.

He's going to go easy on Neal so he can go easy on Thornton.

And honestly, who cares about what Avery thinks? I'm willing to bet real money that within a few years some maid is going to find him hanging from a neck tie in some hotel closet.

That's the big problem with the NHL's disciplinary system. They always look for a reason to go easy on the guilty party.

The Pope*

It's one thing if that was on NESN or even a TSN/ESPN, but to be on the Leagues Network with that stance is just.....mind boggling

Huh? Not a chance Orpik is suspended for a legal check. Might want to check that replay one more time.

I did the point of contact on Ericsson is the head. I agree he won't face anything because of all the crap that happened I think if not for all the other stuff and especially orpik getting ko'ed the league might have taken a long look at the hit

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
I did the point of contact on Ericsson is the head. I agree he won't face anything because of all the crap that happened I think if not for all the other stuff and especially orpik getting ko'ed the league might have taken a long look at the hit

No it wasn't. Not even close. Even Julien didn't mention a thing about it being a hit to the head. They're upset he got hit when Eriksson was in a vulnerable position and wasn't "making a play on the puck."

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Who knows and who cares???

This is the league that did nothing to Shea Weber after he cracked another human beings head into the glass.

The NHL is a joke and has its elite players in the same league with 'roid raging felons. Fix it!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad