Pre-Game Talk: Undomesticated Dogs at Dressed up Birds, tweets, Shelly Game Show, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
You can't change luck, but you can change coaching.

Yeah yeah yeah. It's just so ****ing frustrating to watch an unending streak of long-term injuries to our top players. This hasn't been going on for a season, or two, or three...it's more like four or five at this point.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Yeah yeah yeah. It's just so ****ing frustrating to watch an unending streak of long-term injuries to our top players. This hasn't been going on for a season, or two, or three...it's more like four or five at this point.

Agreed. I would have enjoyed watching Malkin get on a role before we got to the playoffs.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I hope this injury makes Shero and DB realize it might be a good idea to give some of these players some rest over the next 11 games.

Playing good hockey and getting chemistry going is good, but for the most part only bad things can happen for the pens these next 11 games.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Oh good...

I think there must be only a few players that haven't been injured with this year.

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
Man, I got trolled by gamecenter. I got a notification and before I opened it, all I could see was "Pittsburgh Penguins' coach Dan Bylsma..."

I thought he resigned or something.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
As long as Malkin is back and 100% for the playoffs this really isn't a big deal, Malkin missing meaningless regular season games isn't going to effect the pens in the playoffs.

Which means the Penguins can't use this injury as an excuse if they underachieve in the playoffs again.

jinx33

The Rust is real
Sep 11, 2006
Paris, FR
I assume Sutter is taking place on the second line then ? Hell, his last games with Gibbons were really nice, he actually showed that he cares and those two made the third line looking better. Tonight he's got Neal and Juicy, expecting a good performance, if those two quit the lazy train. Unless i'm wrong and DB troll us with Adams. Jinxed it ?

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It probably is 2-3 weeks, but never fully trust what's coming straight from the Penguins. Again it's probably true, but it's also a really convenient "don't worry, he'll be fine for the playoffs" time frame. Then game 1 comes and goes, game 2, and woops he had a broken foot or torn tendon or something the whole time

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah... but a guy just coming back from injury who is rusty and missing his timing could make for a nice excuse. I appreciate the optimism about having Malkin back for the post season. Probably. But that completely ignores that missing nearly a month of games isn't exactly the best way to prepare for a seven game series.

It's pretty **** news, no matter how you slice it. And it seems really weird, to boot. A guy gets hurt bad enough in his first shift to necessitate missing three weeks worth of the season but continues to play 24+ minutes that night? OK.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It probably is 2-3 weeks, but never fully trust what's coming straight from the Penguins. Again it's probably true, but it's also a really convenient "don't worry, he'll be fine for the playoffs" time frame. Then game 1 comes and goes, game 2, and woops he had a broken foot or torn tendon or something the whole time

I tend to agree that the timeframe seems awfully convenient.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh

When i heard foot injury and 2-3 weeks i did wonder what type of injury you could have to your foot that would be 2-3 weeks.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Oh good...

I think there must be only a few players that haven't been injured with this year.

Decided to look at this. The only players who haven't been injured this year are Crosby, Jokinen, Sutter, Adams, Niskanen, Maatta, Engelland, Zatkoff and Fleury.

This is players who have spent most of the season with the Penguins. Stempniak had a Broken foot in Calgary, Goc has not been injured this season.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
So much for Bennett getting a chance with Malkin and Neal, or developing chemistry with Sutter for that matter.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

I don't think he could have played with a torn tendon. Maybe a broken toe or something like that could cause discomfort putting a skate on after the game's over.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
what's a foot injury you can sustain in hockey that requires exactly 2-3 weeks?

sprain, bruise, break are the only foot injuries I can think of, and a sprain and bruise COULD fall in that time period, but it would be dependent on some future factors...

Break would be 4-6 weeks.

all seems a little too neat and tidy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad