Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #4

Who will be the 4th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Norris (C)

• Filip Chlapík (C)

• Angus Crookshank (LW)

• Chris Tierney (C)

• Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Anthony Duclair (LW/RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Christian Jaros (D)

• Maxime Lajoie (D)

• Joel Daccord (G)

• Filip Gustavsson (G)

• Marcus Högberg (G)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun since the present got erased. Let's rank guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild"

Let's vote based on everything : skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc. Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA if it was my turn to pick? It's basically a RE-DRAFT among our young players.

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4-
5-

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Easily Batherson, that's a really nice top-four young pieces though. Should start to get interesting from here on out.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I voted White,I still think he will show more as he develops....I already love his sound two way game ...But I can see the reasoning behind taking Batherson here,I have him 5th right behind White

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I voted White just because he's ahead of Batherson right now. However, I could easily see Batherson outscoring him next season.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
In b4 who voted for Mandolese
source.gif

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I voted White just because he's ahead of Batherson right now. However, I could easily see Batherson outscoring him next season.

Ok but the poll is not about this season, it’s about determining the best pieces the Sens have for their « rebuild »

If you think Batherson has a better upside you should vote him, unless you’d have a big doubt that he will reach it. Like Abramov, he has a very high upside but he is so boom/bust that we won’t vote him too high on that list

Reactions: Icelevel

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Ok but the poll is not about this season, it’s about determining the best pieces the Sens have for their « rebuild »

If you think Batherson has a better upside you should vote him, unless you’d have a big doubt that he will reach it. Like Abramov, he has a very high upside but he is so boom/bust that we won’t vote him too high on that list

It depends on how good Batherson gets. I think he is a surefire top 6er, but not sure if he will be more of a 2nd liner or 1st liner. He definitely has star potential. White already is a top 6er and I see him as a ~50 point two way guy in his prime who will be just as (if not more) reliable without the puck as he is with it.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It depends on how good Batherson gets. I think he is a surefire top 6er, but not sure if he will be more of a 2nd liner or 1st liner. He definitely has star potential. White already is a top 6er and I see him as a ~50 point two way guy in his prime who will be just as (if not more) reliable without the puck as he is with it.

Kind of close, go with your gut feeling of who will be the best

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, its close for me, Batherson has this one locked up anyway, next one's got to be White.

Im going Brown after that so no White yet

White for sure. I think it is a bit silly to have non-NHLers ahead of him right now.

Tierney, Lajoie and Duclair are among the options, are you going to vote for them after White?

Ben Harpur too! Or Nick Paul could be there too

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Batherson will likely be the best out of the remaining guys but for the Sens rebuild to work they need Brown to be the best of all of them so I went with my hopes and voted Brown.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Bathman all day.

Should have gone #2.
This. Jesus. #4 is bonkers. Like I get people taking Tkachuk, but Batherson is head and shoulders above anyone else in this organization 2x over at this point. He's #2 by a margin. He'll get MVP votes in the AHL and will be this team's best forward as soon as next year.

I really like Brannstrom but Batherson is just right on the cusp on being an actual NHL star. He's barely removed from Jr A and one of the more prolific scorers in the top developmental league. Dude is a beast. You people are so wrong.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pure talent wise I think its Brown. I think White has surpassed expectations this year and has the work ethic and determination to continue to do that. They both will get stronger. Brown's natural abilities with his vision, his hands, his passing ability and obviously his size will be hard for White to match. I think if they both continue on their trend Brown will be what he is , a more offensive zone threat, great on the PP.. And White will be a true two way , all situation player. White is the more safer bet to be the more important player game in game out because of his work ethic and will.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
White for sure. I think it is a bit silly to have non-NHLers ahead of him right now.

White is 22, Batherson is 20.

Bathman while not quite as good defensively as White is putting up way better numbers at the same age. I predict he is our next Stone (slightly less smart, but slightly more speed/skill)

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
There needs to be a quantifiable metric of how people are grading players here. Are we basing it strictly on long term potential or current/close future impact?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I understand Batherson but i think White will have time to shine so I voted White.

There needs to be a quantifiable metric of how people are grading players here. Are we basing it strictly on long term potential or current/close future impact?

I was basing it on next season so I chose White. Felt Bran might be out of place haha.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

The goal is to determine which are the best pieces the Sens currently have to build a future. In which order would you rank them in an internal re-draft? Have to be under 25 y/o to be eligible.

I was basing it on next season so I chose White. Felt Bran might be out of place haha.

Not sure why some people don't read the polls OP or ignore it and decide to set different "rules". It's one of those things I will never understand. It's pretty much impossible to ever find any consensus in anything that way.

Imagine if everybody would vote differently, some go with this year, others go next year, others go long-term potential, others go NHL certainty, others go character, others go pure skill, etc.... then the poll would become useless and meaningless and we'd be all wasting our time. Not that it is super important but IMO it would give us a clear picture of who we see as important pieces of this (forced) rebuild...

Or did I word it in a way impossible to understand? It's basically :

WHO IS THE BEST ASSET AMONG THOSE YOUNG PLAYERS?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pure talent wise I think its Brown. I think White has surpassed expectations this year and has the work ethic and determination to continue to do that. They both will get stronger. Brown's natural abilities with his vision, his hands, his passing ability and obviously his size will be hard for White to match. I think if they both continue on their trend Brown will be what he is , a more offensive zone threat, great on the PP.. And White will be a true two way , all situation player. White is the more safer bet to be the more important player game in game out because of his work ethic and will.

Agree completely, I think Batherson, Brown & White will all be excellent NHL players for this team & all three are close to each other if we are to rank them. I would even add Formenton to that list as well although he isn't quite the goal scorer these other guys are, he potential could be. And who knows how Norris & Chlapik will turn out? Brown's skillset will get him plenty of assists as long as he has a sniper on one wing & a grinder on the other wing to get him the puck out of the corners & along the boards. It's worked in Belleville with Paul on one wing digging the pucks out of the corners & winning board battles & having Batherson on the other wing as the sniper on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad