Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #13

Who will be the 13th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Angus Crookshank (LW)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Nick Paul (LW)

• Ben Harpur (D)

• Johnny Gruden (LW)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7- Christian Wolanin (D) 61.2% (Tie-Breaker)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 40.6%
9- Josh Norris (C) 34.1%
10- Alex Formenton (LW) 28.8%
11- Rudolfs Balcers (LW) 56.2% (Tie-Breaker)
12- Anthony Duclair (LW/RW) 33.3%
13-

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I think he just goes under the radar more than anything. Been a big year for a lot of other prospects

edit: recency bias also tends to have a signficant effect in these polls usually

Exactly, Lajoie doesn't even have a single vote right now. If this was last November, he would have gone in the top 5.

Reactions: NB613 and jehkob

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Now that finally Duclair is gone, I get to look at the rest of the players! Hesitated between Jaros and Tierney, went with Tierney.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Chlapik has really slipped down the rankings huh

Oh, and thought back on this.

It's not really that Chlapik slipped, this ranking includes all players under 25 y/o (so you have the graduated Chabot, White, Tkachuk, Duclair, Tierney and Harpur). And let's not forget that we traded 4 high end talents in a few months (Hoffman, Karlsson, Duchene, Stone + Dzingel) so since last summer when I made these polls, we added :

- Rudolfs Balcers
- Josh Norris
- Vitali Abramov
- Jonathan Davidsson
- Erik Brännström
- Anthony Duclair
- Max Veronneau (College signing)

And that's without getting any prospect for Hoffman lol (well outside of Bergman who busted). So overall we didn't get that many in terms of quantity because we got lot of picks too but that's some heavy competition for Chlapik.

But it's possible that some people have their judgement skewed a little because we're already at #13 and it makes it look like "we're going into the depth prospects" now. But no, there's still plenty of legit NHL prospects to be voted in. Daccord is not close to being voted, while Cayden Primeau is considered a top-3/5 Habs prospect by most Habs fans.

Last edited:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Lajoie has become underrated around here... He has my vote for this one. Yeah he faded as the season went on but we now know he was injured towards the end there. He's a year and a half younger than Jaros and has 6 more goals in 3 less games this year. He has legit top 4 potential imo (Vlasic-lite) especially as he will bulk up because he looked pretty skinny and weak this year, especially as the year went on. With a good summer of training I think he can put up the level of play he had in the first 15-20 games for an entire season.

Reactions: Xspyrit

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm sticking with Hogberg. He has been tremendous and Lehner-like in some good stretches

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Lajoie was terrible after the first 20 games of the season imo. He hit a crazy PDO bender at the start of the year lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad