Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking : Tyler Boucher

Where does Tyler Boucher fit in the U-25 Sens Top-20?

• Between #1 and #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Between #2 and #3

• Between #14 and #15

• Between #15 and #16

• Between #16 and #17

• Between #17 and #18

• Between #18 and #19

• Not top-20 material yet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Asking people to take position and vote for : who you think will end up the best player "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, shooting, hockey sense/IQ, potential, likelihood of reaching it, development curve, age, leadership, size/strength, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who in this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o.
Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking

1- Tim Stützle (50.4%)
2- Thomas Chabot (66.0%)
3- Brady Tkachuk (74.1%)
4- Jake Sanderson (58.4%)
5- Josh Norris (64.0%)
6- Drake Batherson (62.2%)
7- Shane Pinto (62.9%)
8- Erik Brännström (43.0%)
9- Alex Formenton (25.0%)
10- Ridly Greig (32.6%)
11- Filip Gustavsson (54.0%)
12- Jacob Bernard-Docker (40.7%)
13- Egor Sokolov (54.3%)
14- Colin White (56.0%)
15- Mads Søgaard (32.6%)
16- Logan Brown (40.6%)
17- Roby Järventie (30.1%)
18- Tyler Kleven (52.0%)
19- Leevi Meriläinen (37.9%)

2019 Ranking :

Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #18b

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I have him behind Pinto and Greig, but ahead of Formenton so no better than 8th, but no lower than 10th. I'll split the difference and say 9th

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Jacob Bernard-Docker was voted 12th... If you believe he'll be a top-4 D-man, then Boucher would need to become a top-6 forward to be in the "same tier"

Egor Sokolov was voted 13th, depending on the kind of impact you think he could have, you could also consider him over Boucher

I hope Boucher becomes at least better than Colin White

55% of votes at the moment have him before 10th, so better than Ridly Greig. It's very possible but at this moment, why is Boucher a better asset than Greig?

Ridly Greig was #24 on McKenzie's list in a much better draft and has had a very good D+1 season

Tyler Boucher was #29 on McKenzie's list in the most "crapshootistic" draft in a long time. He could absolutely "Pinto" himself and prove to be worthy of a top-10 pick but that remains to be seen

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
Pretty much anywhere between 8-11 on the list works for me. Im really hoping he can shoot up this list with a monster season at Boston this year.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
For me there’s a drop off after 4, then another after 7. I placed Boucher 8-9 for now but he’s in the mix somewhere in that third tier.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Replace Brannstrom with Boucher, he's probably getting traded at some point.

Reactions: bert

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Jacob Bernard-Docker was voted 12th... If you believe he'll be a top-4 D-man, then Boucher would need to become a top-6 forward to be in the "same tier"

Egor Sokolov was voted 13th, depending on the kind of impact you think he could have, you could also consider him over Boucher

I hope Boucher becomes at least better than Colin White

55% of votes at the moment have him before 10th, so better than Ridly Greig. It's very possible but at this moment, why is Boucher a better asset than Greig?

Ridly Greig was #24 on McKenzie's list in a much better draft and has had a very good D+1 season

Tyler Boucher was #29 on McKenzie's list in the most "crapshootistic" draft in a long time. He could absolutely "Pinto" himself and prove to be worthy of a top-10 pick but that remains to be seen

The org has raved about Boucher’s physical game, his hockey sense, his speed and his goal scoring ability. If he is what they believe he is, that is a monster of a player.

Reactions: bert and aragorn

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Realistically, I think 10-11 fits him right now.

Won't be surprised if he jumps a couple of spots by this time next year.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brannstrom is overrated at 8

I think its interesting between Boucher Greig and Formenton I'd have all of them over Brannstrom

I think Brannstrom adequately rated. He's the only NHLer among those players thus far who was pacing 30 points and playing top 4 minutes. My guy PPG as 20 year old for defender. Brannstrom is quite underrated but I think it's because we know he likely to be traded(not for his size but who we have coming in his position) that we feel he isnt as good.

I am extremely curious to see if we will move him over to RD.

Last edited:
Reactions: SensFan1010

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
When are we starting our summer prospect ranking? It's usually in July or August after the draft... What we waiting for?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No one stopping you from getting the ball rollin

I thought it was always the same poster or two. Wouldn't wanna step on anyone's toes. Also, probably wouldn't do a good job on my phone today. Would rather do it on a laptop later.

Reactions: cudi

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
When are we starting our summer prospect ranking? It's usually in July or August after the draft... What we waiting for?

Is there a prospect camp this year? Maybe wait until after that if there is one. Untill then just kind of unfocus your eyes and only look at the players on this list who have played less than 50ish games in the nhl.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He is 8th behind Pinto. I'd actually just put him 8th and move Brannstrom to 13 pushing everyone down one spot, starting at sokolov.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The org has raved about Boucher’s physical game, his hockey sense, his speed and his goal scoring ability. If he is what they believe he is, that is a monster of a player.

I understand this point but he needs to give us indications that he could be a top-6 forward. But not his fault that he didn't have enough opportunity to show it since the pandemic, maybe he would have been expected to go much higher in the draft if he could have proved himself a bit more. That's what the Sens are banking on.

So I need to see more before I can pencil him above guys that have shown me more, like Ridly Greig

Admittedly, he looks like he could be a Josh Anderson which is nice but that being said, Anderson has a career 36 pts/82 GP so far and is already 27 y/o so it doesn't look like he'll bring that average much higher. Can Boucher be more productive? That's the question we'll have for a few years maybe

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

We are waiting for the end of this poll!

But I could start it now. It has been discussed with SensBrawler already

Although, if someone was interested in making the polls, we are selling the rights for only 2000$! Message us if interested :sarcasm:

I thought it was always the same poster or two. Wouldn't wanna step on anyone's toes. Also, probably wouldn't do a good job on my phone today. Would rather do it on a laptop later.

Only 2000$!

No seriously, if you want to do them, you could. Message me! There's something we discussed that you should know

Actually, I invited you to join our conversation. That should allow you to read what was said already

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I understand this point but he needs to give us indications that he could be a top-6 forward. But not his fault that he didn't have enough opportunity to show it since the pandemic, maybe he would have been expected to go much higher in the draft if he could have proved himself a bit more. That's what the Sens are banking on.

So I need to see more before I can pencil him above guys that have shown me more, like Ridly Greig

Admittedly, he looks like he could be a Josh Anderson which is nice but that being said, Anderson has a career 36 pts/82 GP so far and is already 27 y/o so it doesn't look like he'll bring that average much higher. Can Boucher be more productive? That's the question we'll have for a few years maybe

I don’t disagree but ultimately everyone has shown more than Boucher by virtue of him being drafted a week ago.

It can also be tougher to compare players that fall in the “middle six” forward category. Boucher doesn’t have to produce the most points to be the most valuable. Mike Hoffman out produced Pageau but I’m sure we all agree that Pageau is and was the better player. Sokolov might score more than Formenton but won’t take tough defensive assignments and PK like he does. It’s really hard to measure the details of everyone’s game at this stage to determine what will separate 8 from 9, 9 from 10 etc. Heck it’s hard to do that even with the top 7 who we’ve seen in the NHL (except for Sanderson). If one player is getting 70 points and the other 40 points intangibles likely don’t make up the difference. But if it’s a 5-10 point separation, which is likely with all these guys in this range, a lot will come down to what else they bring to the table.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don’t disagree but ultimately everyone has shown more than Boucher by virtue of him being drafted a week ago.

It can also be tougher to compare players that fall in the “middle six” forward category. Boucher doesn’t have to produce the most points to be the most valuable. Mike Hoffman out produced Pageau but I’m sure we all agree that Pageau is and was the better player. Sokolov might score more than Formenton but won’t take tough defensive assignments and PK like he does. It’s really hard to measure the details of everyone’s game at this stage to determine what will separate 8 from 9, 9 from 10 etc. Heck it’s hard to do that even with the top 7 who we’ve seen in the NHL (except for Sanderson). If one player is getting 70 points and the other 40 points intangibles likely don’t make up the difference. But if it’s a 5-10 point separation, which is likely with all these guys in this range, a lot will come down to what else they bring to the table.

Valid points but keep in mind that it's "natural". For example, Leevi Merilainen was ranked 26th in December but he could be our best goalie prospect and we have no idea about it. So it's normal for new draftees to start lower then work their way up. That being said, it's not the same story for blue-chippers like Stutzle and Sanderson. I have not seen anywhere that Boucher should be put in that category of prospects

Also keep in mind that we're doing this for fun and to have an "organized" idea of where we stand in terms of young talent. We're not doing this professionally and it's not going to be optimal. I just hope that people think about it more than 5 seconds lol

Last edited:
Reactions: PlayOn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad