• DRAKE BATHERSON

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Asking people to take position and vote for who you think will end up the best player "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, shooting, hockey sense/IQ, potential, likelihood of reaching it, development curve, age, leadership, size/strength, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o.
Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking

1- Tim Stutzle (Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking : #1)
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

2019 Ranking :

Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #18b

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
#1 was easy for me, #3 will be easy, but #2 is tough ...Chabot or Tkachuk?

I guess it depends on how much you think Tkachuk can take his game to and how good Chabot could be if/when he finally plays on a good team?

For this one, I'd normally just vote Chabot but it's actually Jake Sanderson that makes me doubt. The way he looks at 18, and depending on his devlopment curve, could be a real monster in a few years.

I think polls might become much closer starting at #3

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Chabot has proven more.

Love Tkachuk, but he has to take thing to the next level.

I'm a big Sanderson believer, but I'd like to see him after a full season before being listed over some of the names here.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Chabot has proven more.

Love Tkachuk, but he has to take thing to the next level.

I'm a big Sanderson believer, but I'd like to see him after a full season before being listed over some of the names here.

For these polls, you have to act like if you were a GM/Scout. You have to make decisions, it's basically an internal re-draft

Who do you think will be the best hockey player in a few years? Tkachuk, Chabot or Sanderson?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Since this is projection I’ll go Sanderson. So smooth, looks like a 25 minute a night rock who is a great 2 way D. Love Tkachuk/Norris/Chabot but the 2020 draft could give us our best forward and D in franchise history. Or they might max out at far less lol.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Chabot AINEC

You think there's no chance that Jake Sanderson becomes close to be as good, or better? Or that Tkachuk becomes a 70 pts power forward impactful beast? Or I don't know, for example Sokolov becomes Mark Stone 2.0?

Since this is projection I’ll go Sanderson. So smooth, looks like a 25 minute a night rock who is a great 2 way D. Love Tkachuk/Norris/Chabot but the 2020 draft could give us our best forward and D in franchise history. Or they might max out at far less lol.

I have seen a few of these "since this is projection" comments, so I was wondering, do you think these polls could be done differently?

Could it be like "as of now"? It would mean that Victor Mete would be voted above Jake Sanderson. But what would that reveal outside of what we did observe last season? In that case, there would be zero need to include prospects/unproven players, they'd be ranked in the prospect pool and that's it... then we could do an (useless) ranking of u-25 players on the big team, which would most likely be : Stutzle, Chabot, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brannstrom, White/Mete

I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking questions because personally I don't see any other (useful) way to vote this. The challenge is projecting how good (or disappointing) some of the unproven guys could be and how will they fare against the more proven players. We are basically trying to paint a portrait of how the team could "look like" in 2-3 years

Last edited:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
You think there's no chance that Jake Sanderson becomes close to be as good, or better? Or that Tkachuk becomes a 70 pts power forward impactful beast? Or I don't know, for example Sokolov becomes Mark Stone 2.0?

I have seen a few of these "since this is projection" comments, so I was wondering, do you think these polls could be done differently?

Could it be like "as of now"? It would mean that Victor Mete would be voted above Jake Sanderson. But what would that reveal outside of what we did observe last season? In that case, there would be zero need to include prospects/unproven players, they'd be ranked in the prospect pool and that's it... then we could do an (useless) ranking of u-25 players on the big team, which would most likely be : Stutzle, Chabot, Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brannstrom, White/Mete

I'm not criticizing, I'm just asking questions because personally I don't see any other (useful) way to vote this. The challenge is projecting how good (or disappointing) some of the unproven guys could be and how will they fare against the more proven players. We are basically trying to paint a portrait of how the team could "look like" in 2-3 years

It is a fine poll, once we get past the players who are good now and could be better later (Chabot, Tkachuk), it will make the rest of the poll more interesting.

Example, if I were to vote Sanderson over Chabot it would be based entirely on Sanderson's potential, whereas I have actually seen Chabot play and still can vote on potential because he is so young (Same reason I voted Stutzle #1).

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It is a fine poll, once we get past the players who are good now and could be better later (Chabot, Tkachuk), it will make the rest of the poll more interesting.

Example, if I were to vote Sanderson over Chabot it would be based entirely on Sanderson's potential, whereas I have actually seen Chabot play and still can vote on potential because he is so young (Same reason I voted Stutzle #1).

Yeah and that's the challenge. For example, there was probably a time when people had different opinions on who would become the best among Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Reilly but with time it "materialized". Some were probably wrong about it but maybe most were "right" as it was "not that hard" to project

I have been tempted to vote Chabot for #1 and #2 but I really feel that Stutzle and Sanderson will be our two best players. Which could be very good news, having Chabot and Tkachuk as #3 and #4

I would like to know what is the concensus on this board about who will be "leading the charge" for the Sens, in an approximative order.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

This is the only way to do it. Good poll.

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
1. Tkachuk
2. Chabot
3. Batherson
4. Sanderson
5. Norris
6. Stutzle
7. JBD
8. Pinto
9. L. Brown
10. Greig
11. Gustavsson/Daccord/Sogaard/Merilainen
12. White
13. Brannstrom/Mete
14. Formenton
15. Jarventie
16. Sokolov
17. Kleven
18. Crookshank
19. Kelly
20. Thomson
21. Kastelic
22. Lodin
23. Guennette
24. Reinhardt
25. Daoust/Engstrand

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
1. Tkachuk
2. Chabot
3. Batherson
4. Sanderson
5. Norris
6. Stutzle
7. JBD
8. Pinto
9. L. Brown
10. Greig
12. White
13. Brannstrom/Mete
14. Formenton
15. Jarventie
16. Sokolov
17. Kleven
18. Crookshank
19. Kelly
20. Thomson
21. Kastelic
22. Lodin
23. Guennette
24. Reinhardt
25. Daoust/Engstrand
Safe bet you see Stutzle as not big or physical enough?

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Safe bet you see Stutzle as not big or physical enough?
Still too young to determine what he will become although he has a very good skill set. I see the others above him with the exception of Sanderson as complete players already & I have Sanderson there because I agree with someone above who also sees Sanderson as a 20 minute plus minute cruncher in all situations in his future. We'll probably never see Stutzle on the PK for example, whereas Sanderson should eventually play in every situation.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Let's be real, if we have the much raw-er player in Byfield you'd have him top 3 easy.

Also, not sure how you can have JBD over Pinto at this point.
Those two are close IMO & could easily flip , Pinto got in sooner because there was more room (meaning less good players at forward) than on defence with only a few games left in the season. Does anyone think that Buyfield with his speed & skillset will not be a top line centre?

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Those two are close IMO & could easily flip , Pinto got in sooner because there was more room (meaning less good players at forward) than on defence with only a few games left in the season. Does anyone think that Buyfield with his speed & skillset will not be a top line centre?

I really wanted Byfield but there are certainly some doubts creeping in as to whether he'll be a big offensive player in the NHL.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I really wanted Byfield but there are certainly some doubts creeping in as to whether he'll be a big offensive player in the NHL.
It obviously won't happen over night & will take some time, but is he even 19 yrs old yet? He had 20 pts in 32 games in the AHL this past season as an 18 yr old & another 7 pts in 7 games at the WJC U20. We'll see, but I wouldn't bet against him, he'll be behind Kopitar for a few more yrs I would think.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
1. Tkachuk
2. Chabot
3. Batherson
4. Sanderson
5. Norris
6. Stutzle
7. JBD
8. Pinto
9. L. Brown
10. Greig
12. White
13. Brannstrom/Mete
14. Formenton
15. Jarventie
16. Sokolov
17. Kleven
18. Crookshank
19. Kelly
20. Thomson
21. Kastelic
22. Lodin
23. Guennette
24. Reinhardt
25. Daoust/Engstrand
I agree with a lot of your takes but no way stutzle is below Batherson or Sanderson or even Norris. He’s going to be elite.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Still too young to determine what he will become although he has a very good skill set. I see the others above him with the exception of Sanderson as complete players already & I have Sanderson there because I agree with someone above who also sees Sanderson as a 20 minute plus minute cruncher in all situations in his future. We'll probably never see Stutzle on the PK for example, whereas Sanderson should eventually play in every situation.

I'm not saying Stutzle is McDavid but when the Oilers got McDavid, didn't their fans expect him to become the franchise best player in the near future? Of course, Stutzle could end up being disappointing but I don't know, watching him and how good he looked at times despite how raw he was, it doesn't seem very likely that he'll be an "underwhelming pick". I think his game will take off a few levels in the next 2-3 years.

Like you said, he has a very good skill set but he also has the drive and determination to be the best. Who cares if he PKs or not? Patrick Kane doesn't PK at all. We want Stutzle to be an offense driver and leave guys like Connor Brown and Nick Paul to be the master PKers.

So if Stutzle is "only" our 6th best player, then we're not a Cup contender but a DYNASTY contender

I think many people in the hockey circle see Stutzle as a worthy 1st OA pick. Not in the McJesus years but you know if RNH, Hischier, Hughes, Yakupov, etc can be 1st OA picks, Stutzle certainly has that potential.

So what does Byfield have that Stutzle doesn't have? You are projecting Byfield as a top line centre...

Safe to assume you'd rank Byfield #1 in this poll. Can you explain why?

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
It obviously won't happen over night & will take some time, but is he even 19 yrs old yet? He had 20 pts in 32 games in the AHL this past season as an 18 yr old & another 7 pts in 7 games at the WJC U20. We'll see, but I wouldn't bet against him, he'll be behind Kopitar for a few more yrs I would think.

I certainly haven't given up on Byfield. I still think he'll be a heck of a player, but Stützle looks like the better prospect right now. That can obviously change but what Stü did in the NHL this year (especially early) is quite rare for a raw European rookie in the modern NHL. And he's still adjusting to the North American game.

I don't think many analysts/GMs/hockey execs would view Byfield as a far superior prospect at this point. They can be wrong but Stü is every bit the high end prospect that Byfield is at this point, plus he's shown that he can get it done in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00