Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking : #15

Who will be the best amongst U-25 Sens players? #15

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Asking people to take position and vote for : who you think will end up the best player "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, shooting, hockey sense/IQ, potential, likelihood of reaching it, development curve, age, leadership, size/strength, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o.
Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking

1- Tim Stutzle (50.4%)
2- Thomas Chabot (66.0%)
3- Brady Tkachuk (74.1%)
4- Jake Sanderson (58.4%)
5- Josh Norris (64.0%)
6- Drake Batherson (62.2%)
7- Shane Pinto (62.9%)
8- Erik Brannstrom (43.0%)
9- Alex Formenton (25.0%)
10- Ridly Greig (32.6%)
11- Filip Gustavsson (54.0%)
12- Jacob Bernard-Docker (40.7%)
13- Egor Sokolov (54.3%)
14- Colin White (56.0%)

2019 Ranking :

Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #18b

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Comparing 2021 vs 2019, see how far we progressed

1- Tim Stutzle vs Thomas Chabot
2- Thomas Chabot vs Brady Tkachuk
3- Brady Tkachuk vs Erik Brännström
4- Jake Sanderson vs Drake Batherson
5- Josh Norris vs Colin White
6- Drake Batherson vs Logan Brown
7- Shane Pinto vs Christian Wolanin
8- Erik Brannstrom vs Jacob Bernard-Docker
9- Alex Formenton vs Josh Norris
10- Ridly Greig vs Alex Formenton
11- Filip Gustavsson vs Rudolfs Balcers
12- Jacob Bernard-Docker vs Anthony Duclair
13- Egor Sokolov vs Christian Jaros
14- Colin White vs Chris Tierney
15- Mads Sogaard? vs Marcus Högberg
16- ???????????? vs Maxime Lajoie
17- ???????????? vs Filip Gustavsson
18- ???????????? vs Filip Chlapík

Observations?

1) That 2020 draft was really the key of the rebuild. We added several really valuable pieces since 2019 and the pieces gone are not too painful. It would have been better to retain Duclair and Balcers IMO (over guys like Dadonov, Anisimov, Dzingel, Paquette, Galhenyuk), at least for a few years. I would have also taken Jaros over Josh Brown but obviously not a big deal. Chlapik could also have been fine as the 4th line center, we don't even have one at the moment, well outside of more expensive and softer Tierney that we pretty much all don't see in the plans.

Added : Stutzle, Sanderson, Pinto, Greig, Sokolov, Sogaard

Gone : Wolanin, Balcers, Duclair, Jaros, Hogberg, Lajoie, Chlapik

2) Gustavsson has kinda resurrected himself. Nice to see Sogaard kinda replacing Hogberg

3) Norris is trending better than people expected?

4) People lost a lot of hope regarding Logan Brown

5) People had too high expectations for Colin White (personally had him quite lower). He's the Chris Tierney of 2019! But it's not a bad thing as he has more to offer IMO and is way less "vanilla"

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
At this point it is basically a crapshoot with the players that are left; anyone of these guys can end up better than the rest.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have been waiting for what seems like a long time for L. Brown to make the team and be a top 6 centre. At this point in time I think he is injury prone and therefore now have serious doubts about him. I swung for the fences by voting for Jarventie as he came over late ,last season and did better than I thought.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Brown probably has the highest potential

Goalies are bust or boom and usually bust, so I'm always hesitant picking a goalie.

Mete is probably the lowest floor,

To me both Jarventie and Crookshank seem like darkhorse candidates but are more likely than not to bust.

Kleven is an appealing option, I think he could our Carlo if all goes right

Brown or Kleven for me, I think I'll go with Brown based on his high end potential.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya'll have been sleeping on Daccord.
I really like him, I'm just hesitant to ever pick a goalie that hasn't proven himself at the NHL level. Seen too many goalies fizzle out. Skaters can fail to meet expectations but still contribute for years. Goalies either are winning you games, or costing you them...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sogaard is 2.5 years younger than Gustavsson. Small sample size but his AHL adaptation so far has been much better than Gustavsson, even impressive. I'm highly convinced that our "goalie of the future" will either be Gustavsson or Sogaard. It kinda reminds me when we had Lehner and Bishop. One thing working our way this time is that none of them might have mental issues like Lehner had and they're also quite younger than Bishop so not UFA anytime soon.

At this point it is basically a crapshoot with the players that are left; anyone of these guys can end up better than the rest.

I hope it's not too much of a crapshoot for Sens management and they know these players' future value based on projection.

They should know each of these guys pretty well and shouldn't have much of a problem building this current list

I think our group voting so far is kinda representative of how Sens management would think

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yah.. Logan Brown is a better prospect than Daccord.. uh huh yup sure

Emphasis on prospect though. Brown has all the tools to be a solid C, but he has to rise from always hurt prospect to player and if he does, count me in the group who thinks he is far and away the best prospect left on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad