Post-Game Talk: UNDEFEATED!!!! Habs win 3-2

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Thomas coming from a surgery last year might be a reson why he struggle so much last year.....

For Hamilton this year the first lime should be: Sorkin-Andrighetto-Thomas

I would like to see Bowman signed he seemed to have chemistry with Thomas and Andrighetto that would be a very offensive minded top line.

Get Sorkin with De La Rose and Hensick on that 2nd line. Solid top-6.

Hudon, Dumont, Crisp 3rd line?

Dogs should be great this season. Joey Mac looks fine as well between the pipes.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Sekac is ok but I expected more he looks like a jan bulis with less finish but lots of games remain. As for Bowman he is better then Moen but he didnt deserve first star.

The first star belongs to Thomas and Scherback looked like he was afraid to get injured.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
For all the hate he gets in here, Thomas is having a pretty good camp. Let's not forget he played injured all year last season.

Sekac was solid and will make the team if he continues to play like that. Sorkin looked good again. Same for Sherbak, after that brain cramp. Hudon played well, though his lack of size and speed was a bit more obvions than in scrimmage. Andrighetto was fine. But will spend the year in Hamilton. Same for De La Rose. McCarron was much better than in the scrimmages. Good hustle by the forwards in general.

The defense wasn't great though. Tinordi look awful. Pateryn started really bad but got better. Nygren was invisible. Markov and Gilbert were pretty bad. And Finley was himself.

Analyzer*

Sorkin played really well. He is definitely wanting an NHL contract.

Joe Finley's grade should be a Q. He sucks.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu · 13 min
Greg Pateryn looks out of his league tonight. Doesn't bode well for him

This guyz suck!

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Sekac is ok but I expected more he looks like a jan bulis with less finish but lots of games remain. As for Bowman he is better then Moen but he didnt deserve first star.

The first star belongs to Thomas and Scherback looked like he was afraid to get injured.

From what he showed tonight, he's way more physical than Bulis... Not shying away from contact.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
For all the hate he gets in here, Thomas is having a pretty good camp. Let's not forget he played injured all year last season.

Sekac was solid and will make the team if he continues to play like that. Sorkin looked good again. Same for Sherbak, after that brain cramp. Hudon played well, though his lack of size and speed was a bit more obvions than in scrimmage. Andrighetto was fine. But will spend the year in Hamilton. Same for De La Rose. McCarron was much better than in the scrimmages. Good hustle by the forwards in general.

The defense wasn't great though. Tinordi look awful. Pateryn started really bad but got better. Nygren was invisible. Markov and Gilbert were pretty bad. And Finley was himself.

Disagree. Hudon speed is alright...

BTW the anwser is Finley!!! Most shot on net tonight is Joe Finley! hahahahah

HShahzad

Jan 23, 2014
I would move Bowman up to the Habs and get rid of that lazy piece of **** Bourque.

Kid has decent size and will at least compete unlike Bourque.

Bourque can play all season in Hamilton and then we can pull his lazy ass up to the Habs for the playoffs. He is the only Habs player that truly frustrates me while watching a game.

MAKE IT HAPPEN! Bowman is actually not bad. Did Bourque even play tonight?

freezie

cold as ice
Apr 23, 2004
Go Habs!!
fun to watch some of these young guys for sure , thomas was flying out there ! always fun to beat the Bruins for sure .

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The great news about the great play of Sekac is that we can let Andrighetto and DLR develop in the AHL and they can become "over-ripe" like Detroit does.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Sekac is a no doubt starter. Plus hes someone who actually clicks with plek.

Im sure he would click with anyone seeing as he was winning all the battles and making space for everyone with his slick hands and good puck protection . I really liked Sekac, Thomas and Big Mac ( before injury) tonight. Im hoping for atleast one more game for Scherby.

Also not a fan of them moving wingers to play center tonight

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Аrpon Basu @ArponBasu · 13 min
Greg Pateryn looks out of his league tonight. Doesn't bode well for him

This guyz suck!

this guy is crazy, pateryn was damn solid today even showed flasses of offensive brillance.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Moen and Bouque might lose their spot to Sekac....Pateryn as number 7th.

The fight for the 6th spot is between Beaulieu Tinordi and Bouillon.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Good game by Thomas, he deserves to be there untill the end. Probably the next callup for a top6 appearance, guy can skate and shoot.

McCaron looked like he can make it to the NHL on a 4rth line, was throwing his big body around.

Pateryn was average, same with Tinordi, I prefer Beaulieu's game.

Nygren was average as well.

Finley was better than I expected, he's even a former first round pick. Good AHL pick up.

Sekac is NHL material.

I thought DLR was also NHL material, as good as Moen defensively. Moen needs a wake up call.

Bouillon still in the race with Beaulieu, I wont write Tin or Pateryn off yet but they were really nervous with the puck on their stick.

I'm liking the Gilbert signing more and more, good upgrade over Gorges.

Last edited:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I thought McCarron, Sekac, Andrighetto, Thomas and Sorkin all had solid outings..Scherbak had both good and bad moments, DLR played pretty well.

Pateryn wasn't perfect but overall he had a decent game. Tinordi was like Scherbak in that he had strong plays and poor ones. Need more consistency from him.

As for McCarron looking better in the NHL than junior...that's in part due to his size. Some of the hits he makes at the pro level would likely be called penalties in junior. I would say he played like that last season on occasion too however...one of the things he needs to be is more consistent this season in his intensity, but he played a number of strong games last season in the second half.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad