***UND Fighting Sioux Thread***

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
What a complete embarrassment after the first 10 minutes for UND. Up 2-0 10 minutes in they decided to quit playing. Give credit to ASU they came to play

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
What a complete embarrassment after the first 10 minutes for UND. Up 2-0 10 minutes in they decided to quit playing. Give credit to ASU they came to play
Seemed to me that both teams started with a case of nerves, which NoDak got over once they scored. But ASU must've gained confidence with their first period PP tally, and Coach Powers wouldn't let them slack off after that.

I also wanna remark that "SIOUX!" fans represented in an exceptional manner last night @ T-Mobile Arena AND around Vegas in the days leading up. My first interactions with UND fans, and so far I'd rank them #1 among college hockey fans in terms of displaying the colors while respecting the other team's supporters. Kudos to y'all. :cheers:

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Seemed to me that both teams started with a case of nerves, which NoDak got over once they scored. But ASU must've gained confidence with their first period PP tally, and Coach Powers wouldn't let them slack off after that.

I also wanna remark that "SIOUX!" fans represented in an exceptional manner last night @ T-Mobile Arena AND around Vegas in the days leading up. My first interactions with UND fans, and so far I'd rank them #1 among college hockey fans in terms of displaying the colors while respecting the other team's supporters. Kudos to y'all. :cheers:
We travel well. They are our pro team so to speak. Same thing in Nashville last year. They are fun but a win would be nice

Reactions: JMCx4

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
@Dakota Sioux : I finally got my photos from the HHoF game sorted & uploaded to my public Flickr page. Maybe looking at some of them will cheer you up ... 2022 HHoF Game at T-Mobile Arena (Las Vegas, NV)
Thank you. Much appreciated. Great pics. My son was there with his girlfriend too

Unfortunately they did not look good again tonight against Denver. Friday night wasn’t much better but tonight was embarrassing. DU is damn good but UND helped them with that with countless turnovers. First time swept at home by DU since 2010. They are currently sitting at 28th in the pairwise. Not good

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Let's take an updated look. I want to break this into a few categories.
Forwards (On track)
  • Perron (05) - Chicago: 8-13-21 (17GP) -- Tied 4th overall in USHL in points
  • Swanson (06) - Fargo: 6-11-17 (15GP) -- Tied 12th overall in USHL in points
  • Croal (03) - Muskegon: 3-8-11 (15GP)
  • Boisvert (06) - Muskegon: 5-4-9 (11GP)
Forwards (Need another year, potential)
  • Slipec (05) - Chicago: 0-5-5 (17GP)
  • Klee (05) - Waterloo: 1-1-2 (13GP)
Forwards (Concerned)
  • Panzer (04) - 2-1-3 (16GP)
  • Singleton (04) - 0-0-0 (16GP) / Playing for Vernon in BCHL
Defense (Next Year)
Wiebe (03) - Chilliwack: 6-14-20 (16GP) -- Leads team in scoring by 4 pts. Just outside BCHL Top 20 scorers. Vegas draft pick
Strathmann (05) - Youngstown: 1-12-13 (13GP) -- Playing in World Junior A Challenge
Livanavage (04) - Chicago: 3-9-12 (16GP) -- Playing in World Junior A Challenge
Benoit (02) - Omaha: 1-6-7 (15GP) -- Minnesota draft pick

(Future)
Jubenvill - (03): Dubuque: 0-6-6 (13GP)
McInnis - (06): Waterloo: 1-1-2 (4GP)
Ausmus - (04): Madison:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Thank you. Much appreciated. Great pics. My son was there with his girlfriend too

Unfortunately they did not look good again tonight against Denver. Friday night wasn’t much better but tonight was embarrassing. DU is damn good but UND helped them with that with countless turnovers. First time swept at home by DU since 2010. They are currently sitting at 28th in the pairwise. Not good
Don't you mean they got SIOUXwept?:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: JMCx4

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Know anything about this? Just popped up on my FB page.

All taken care of

UND has so many issues right now. Get swept of SCSU after leading 2-1 after 1 Friday night and leading 3-0 Saturday night. No killer instinct. Defense and goaltending are killing them. Mind boggling with the talent they have

Reactions: AUS Fan

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
S'up bro? I came to get your take on Dylan James at this point. I haven't been able to catch any NoDak games (I get a shit-ton of eastern teams on my streaming service for some reason) so I'll need to rely on your eye test of him.

Thanks for any info. Hope all's well in J-town.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND

S'up bro? I came to get your take on Dylan James at this point. I haven't been able to catch any NoDak games (I get a shit-ton of eastern teams on my streaming service for some reason) so I'll need to rely on your eye test of him.

Thanks for any info. Hope all's well in J-town.
I wish I could give you a true evaluation if I haven’t watched any games for awhile as my coaching duties are in full swing for over a month now

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
CHICAGO — Jayden Perron looked up to the suites at Fox Valley Ice Arena in early October and saw his motivation. In the balcony was the 14-year-old sister of the Chicago Steel forward and University of North Dakota commit. She was there to watch her brother play in the USHL matchup. Desirae had not seen him play in years, as she is autistic and struggles with larger crowds and new environments

Reactions: AUS Fan and JMCx4

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
UND took their recent woes out on Miami this weekend sweeping them by the scores of 4-1 and 8-0. Now 7 points back of Western for home ice for first round of NCHC tourney. Doubt they get it but that’s why they play the games

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
UND took their recent woes out on Miami this weekend sweeping them by the scores of 4-1 and 8-0. Now 7 points back of Western for home ice for first round of NCHC tourney. Doubt they get it but that’s why they play the games
Absolutely correct, sir.

Some AUS people, when their team loses a couple of games get all worked up.
I tell them, that's why they don't hand out the trophy in Oct.
You need to play the games. Some nights it doesn't go your way.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad