Confirmed with Link: Uncle Todd Bertuzzi arrested for DUI

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Wow! That guy could surely use some clear-eyes. I know that Europe has stricter limits when it comes to drunk driving, and here it’s pretty stigmatizing to drive drunk. Tommy Salo was caught some months ago, which has not helped his reputation that is permanently and forever damaged by the Belarus debacle.

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Wow! That guy could surely use some clear-eyes. I know that Europe has stricter limits when it comes to drunk driving, and here it’s pretty stigmatizing to drive drunk. Tommy Salo was caught some months ago, which has not helped his reputation that is permanently and forever damaged by the Belarus debacle.

Depending on what your BAC is in Michigan, a DUI can mean financial ruin for your average Michigander. We're talking $10-15k in legal fees, fines, lawyers, etc, suspended/revoked license, probation, potential jail time depending on prior history.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Seriously. Why would someone like him do this? Just because they can?

I doubt he is doing it because he feels privileged and entitled, but rather poor decision-making while intoxicated. I made bad choices back when I had a drinking problem. I sought help and sobriety saved my quality of life. Bertuzzi needs to seek help also.

I agree, ridesharing is so easy and cheap nowadays. It was senseless decision, but drunks rarely make sensible decisions.

Lets hope Bertuzzi gets the help he needs.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
There are bars all over the state. People are buying alcohol in record numbers.
Every day, thousands of Michiganders drink too much, tell themselves they are fine, and then drive somewhere.
Now more and more people are consuming pot and driving.
Automated cars can't get here fast enough.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Seriously. Why would someone like him do this? Just because they can?
Are you ever around drunk people? Most of them will claim they are "fine". I was with a friend that was "fine" and he almost ran over a woman in a parking lot while move 10 mph and did not even notice. Down the road he ended up with one of those interlock devices attached to his vehicle that he had to blow into before his car would start. Luckily he never hurt anyone. Someone must have had a heart-to-heart because he no longer drinks.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Are you ever around drunk people? Most of them will claim they are "fine". I was with a friend that was "fine" and he almost ran over a woman in a parking lot while move 10 mph and did not even notice. Down the road he ended up with one of those interlock devices attached to his vehicle that he had to blow into before his car would start. Luckily he never hurt anyone. Someone must have had a heart-to-heart because he no longer drinks.

Touche. It's been a while.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
There are bars all over the state. People are buying alcohol in record numbers.
Every day, thousands of Michiganders drink too much, tell themselves they are fine, and then drive somewhere.
Now more and more people are consuming pot and driving.
Automated cars can't get here fast enough.
I wonder what Tyler thinks of his uncle?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Well the one thing that's for sure is he'll be taking an Uber everywhere for the next year.
My best friend got a dui in November 2018 and he still doesn't have his license. Though, he wasn't able to do some of his required shit due to covid.

I didn't want to post in this thread, really. Sucks that he made that decision and sucks that he was arrested, but fortunately he didn't hurt anyone or himself. The only person my buddy endangered was himself in the end, and when I saw him with a wired jaw a week after it happened he was just so relieved that he only hurt himself.

(edit: originally posted 2019, it was 2018)

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really unfortunate decision. If he needs help and a lot of times something like this can be a big indicator to that person to get help, I hope he gets it. Moving forward I hope he never repeats this decision again. Glad it came to an end without a major tragedy.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Big Bert shares the trade out of NYI (Milbury nightmare) story.

"
Well just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, over the weekend the legend of Milbury gained a brand new chapter courtesy of former NHL forward Todd Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi, who added to his own controversial legend over the weekend by landing himself in jail, managed to find time to join the Cam and Stick Podcast to discuss a variety of topics, one of which was the trade that sent him from the New York Islanders to the Vancouver Canucks. That trade was of course made by Milbury, who is to this day regarded as one of the worst general managers in NHL history for his tenure as GM of the islanders, but to hear Bertuzzi tell the story of how it happened is almost unbelievable.

"After two years of it I was like 'F*ck I have to get out of here,'" admitted Bertuzzi.

The former NHLer admitted that he loved Long Island but that things within the organization were not as great. So Bertuzzi tracked down Milbury to let him know he wanted out, and it sounds like the Islanders GM did not take too kindly to that suggestion.

"So I come in the room and I said 'Hey this is not working out man so it would be nice if I could go somewhere else' and he goes 'Ah perfect! I've got a place for you to go'. So I go out and he calls me and he says it's done your flight leaves in 2 hours you're going to Salt Lake City."

Bertuzzi of course realized immediately that he had not been traded and was instead being sent down to the IHL, but that was only the start of his nightmare with Milbury.

"So I fly all the way down there... we just fly 3 hours we touch down and get to the airport and all of sudden the hotel phone rings and it's the Islanders and they've called me back up. I didn't even get to practice, nothing. I gotta fly to New Jersey, he healthy scratches me in Jersey, we bus home from New Jersey all the way to the Island and he sent me right back down that morning."
Pretty bad right? Again it was far from over.

"I fly all the way back there again, I get one practice in and he calls me back up to Philly. So I go to Philly and I'm healthy scratched in Philly. Take the bus all the way back to the Island, he tells me I'm going back down the next day. I end up going down there and thankfully played 10 games, played well, and got traded to Vancouver."

Clearly Milbury was trying to spite Bertuzzi for demanding a trade, and I must admit that the lack of professionalism from the bumbling GM does not surprise me in the least.

I suppose Bertuzzi should just be happy he wasn't hit with a shoe.
Maybe the craziest trade story you’ve heard, involving Mike Milbury ⬇️⬇️

LISTEN: ‎Cam & Strick Podcast on Apple Podcasts pic.twitter.com/Vo7Lb9pkVN
— Cam and Strick Podcast (@camandstrickpod) February 27, 2021
"​

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Well, I've got multiple very close ties to myself with DUI's. No excuses, just... sometimes it's easier than you think fellas. I personally haven't gotten one and haven't gotten behind the wheel wasted but, I seen guys get DUI's I thought were normal...

Bertuzzi doesn't look normal, infact he looks totally shit-faced, so I'm not excussing him at all. Just saying sometimes it's not as bad as it sounds.

I know the dude does have some actual issues so, hopefully he brings his mind/happiness in a better place. Sucks he got this DUI but continuing with the color broadcast thing would of been cool, even if it's radio.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Glad no one was hurt. I actually hope he gets a few days in the slammer for this. Nothing big, but 30 days or so. I get people make mistakes but in today’s world there is NO reason for any person to drive drunk, especially someone as rich as an ex pro athlete. Make him stay a few weeks in. It’s not like it’d impact his job since he’s retired

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad