Uncharted: Lost Legacy

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Did a search didn't find anything... Maybe I missed it?

Anyways, incredible game. Uncharted is one of the few reasons (Horizon now too) I even own a PS4.

[spoil]Just beat the first 3 temples out in the jungle. Nadine said something about finishing up what you are doing before going to that waterfall place. So I am just driving around collecting the medals now. before taking them back to that area with the monkeys. I don't know what surprise waits for me there if I get all the medals! So probably wont read any more spoilers posted here. [/spoil]

Anyone else playing this now?

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Couple hours in. I can't say no to a new Uncharted game, even if it is an expandalone.

Really enjoying it so far, although I have noticed they didn't seem to spend as much time on the main characters' models as they did with the Drakes in Uncharted 4. Heck, even Nadine looks noticeably worse to my eye.

That said, the graphics are still incredible so I'm really complaining about nothing. :laugh: Coming from Uncharted 4 it was just a bit...jarring I guess? I'm sure I'll get over it pretty quick.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I agree with some of the character animation for sure. The environments are top-notch though. Incredible looking at the attention to detail always amazes me in the Uncharted games.

I am definitely missing Drake. Chloe and Nadine aren't bad characters but the game is just missing something. They just aren't as interesting as Drake. Drake had that great first game though which was so full of life.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I agree with some of the character animation for sure. The environments are top-notch though. Incredible looking at the attention to detail always amazes me in the Uncharted games.

I am definitely missing Drake. Chloe and Nadine aren't bad characters but the game is just missing something. They just aren't as interesting as Drake. Drake had that great first game though which was so full of life.

Uncharted 1 will always be my favorite even though it may not be the best in the series.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I hated Nadine in UC4. It's the main reason I'm currently dismissing this.

I may pick it up bargain bin sometime

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
They need to tweak the audio. Even after adjusting the levels in the audio screen gunshots and explosions a way too loud as compared to other sound effects. Almost twice as loud it seems.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I definitely think they are doing a better job fleshing out Nadine's character in Lost Legacy than they did in 4, but I still think she's a bit dry. Chloe is great.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just beat it yesterday.

It was great! Good balance of shooting areas and exploring areas. I do wish there was more variety of environment. Felt a lot like U1 in that regard. Nadine was meh. Not a fan of her character at all.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I beat it last night as well.

Despite my earlier (very) minor complaints, I really enjoyed it. That ending was fantastic!

Well worth a pick up IMO.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
I've been taking it slow but I'll most likely finish up tonight. With the reviews and praise for ULL makes you wonder if they'll do anymore games like this or another full Uncharted(which I doubt) but still there are stories to tell. At the end of UC4 you had Sam and Sully together and hints that they got up to no good between the end of the game and the prologue.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Just finished. Awesome. The art in the credits was cool as well.

[spoil] The way Chloe and Nadine shook on them saying partners makes me hope they were setting up a future installment[/spoil]

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I thought it was a good game until I hit the last...25% or so then it turned into a great game. While Drake was always the focal point of the series I think Sam/Chloe/Nadine are more than entertaining enough as characters to carry their own games if that's the route Naughty Dog wanted to go.

Definitely feel it was done so they could potentially keep the doors open on the franchise continuing. Naughty Dog said Drake's story was over but did they specifically say the franchise was over?

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Completely agree that adding Sam for the last part just upped the game's enjoyment. Not saying Nadine and Chloe were bad but the comic relief was a random one-liner from Chloe every 45 minutes or so. Sam and Nadine had a good rapport.

Nadine was just too super serious until Sam entered the picture. I like them as a trio much better.

I don't think they will ever achieve Drake/Sully kind of friendship and banter but it's a good start if they do plan on making more with these three.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I completely agree.

I thought Nadine was super boring until Sam came along. Their interaction was great and made a lot of personality show up in her character.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad