News Article: Umberger-Coburn skirmish at practice broken up by Berube

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Were they both punishing each other for being disappointing?

Neither has had a good season, I imagine there's frustration there.

Edit:
As players walked out of the dressing room, team captain Claude Giroux walked by and whispered, “Next time, me and Simmonds.”

Giroux is the ****ing best.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
More likely his nose.

200.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know Lindros got into it with a career minor leaguer before during a practice at training camp but didn't Primeau get into one with someone during practice too?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Umberger has looked really pissed off lately. Getting into a lot of post whistle stuff and playing angry. Hope he can keep his anger focused on the opposition and not on his team mates

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Primeau vs. Chris McAllister:

Primeau was like Messier as a captain supposedly....he would lay down the law with players on the team when he felt it necessary (slacking). I know Hitch endorsed that kind of leadership with his captains.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Primeau was like Messier as a captain supposedly....he would lay down the law with players on the team when he felt it necessary (slacking). I know Hitch endorsed that kind of leadership with his captains.

Good way to send a message by going after a 6'8" goon. :laugh:

Deep down there had to have been a collective relief when Primeau came out of that one unscathed.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Someone in the comments of that article called Coburn a pylon. :laugh: He may not be having a good season, you could even argue that he lost a step after coming back from his first injury but he's still nothing close to a pylon.

Made this, just added the link as to not slow down page load times:

http://i.imgur.com/t9Wne91.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad