Proposal: Ullmark to NJ

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I don't see Boston doing that. Needs to be upped I'd say. Hischier for Ullmark would be an interesting deal but can't see NJ wanting to pay that much. Maybe they would look at Nemec and a pick for him.
1709040647644.png

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Is Mercer for Ullmark something NJ would consider?

Or is Holtz + pick(s) better?

Interesting that Holtz has almost the same numbers with significantly less ice time. Surprised he hasn’t gotten more of a role

drede

Jul 13, 2023
I don't see Boston doing that. Needs to be upped I'd say. Hischier for Ullmark would be an interesting deal but can't see NJ wanting to pay that much. Maybe they would look at Nemec and a pick for him.
Goalies don't bring that much value in a trade don't see NJ moving Nemec

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
All the Markstom talk, which I haven’t been follow closely, makes me wonder what value Ullmark would have to NJD.

He just turned 30 vs Markstom at 34. Million dollar lower cap hit. One year shorter contract.

Bruins could take back VV, but wouldn’t retain.

I’ll start off with Holtz, VV, 2nd.
Dont see the Bruins trade Vezina winner Ullmark, Sway is not extended yet, Ullmark have a M-NTC, Sweenie s not gonna break chemistry between his goalies except for a boatload in return and this : Holtz + VV + 2nd is not a boatload return...Bs need is a center! BUT they need to trade Ullmark cause he s probably at he s highest value right now....

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Bruins are looking to compete and maximize their cap every year. Zero percent chance they take back VV. He will need to get pawned off to an Arizona or Chicago.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

Interesting that Holtz has almost the same numbers with significantly less ice time. Surprised he hasn’t gotten more of a role
Coach is dopey

Coach is dopey

Reactions: CellyHard

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
lol , Hischier was maybe going too far, I liked the lets throw Hughes in comment too , made me laugh. I don't think Nemec was going too far or someone close to that quality. Potentially great dman for a great goalie. Goaltending market is soft , yes , because almost always , the stud goaltenders aren't on the market. It is the 2nd or 3 rd tier goalies. Leafs , for instance ,haven't had a stud goalie over the past several years and despite a bit of a stacked team up front bow out in the 1st round. Oilers have had McDavid and Draisaitl for closer to 10 years and cheaped out on goalies and still spinning their wheels, and then Jack Campbell fiasco, the leafs castoff. Maybe Skinner can get it done this year for them. I don't remember the details but Vanecek was a pretty cheap acquisition , sometimes you get what you pay for. Still have hopes for Schmid for you guys , looked good in AHL , big step sometimes to NHL. I see Swayman and Ullmark more as stud goalies , a little above the normal goalie market. Neither a Bruins fan or Devils fan, just seemed to be a very interesting topic and I do think it makes sense for the Bruins to take advantage of having 2 #1 goalies and get an asset somewhere else but if it isn't a phenomenal offer , why do it?

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
All the Markstom talk, which I haven’t been follow closely, makes me wonder what value Ullmark would have to NJD.

He just turned 30 vs Markstom at 34. Million dollar lower cap hit. One year shorter contract.

Bruins could take back VV, but wouldn’t retain.

I’ll start off with Holtz, VV, 2nd.

Sure.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
lol , Hischier was maybe going too far, I liked the lets throw Hughes in comment too , made me laugh. I don't think Nemec was going too far or someone close to that quality. Potentially great dman for a great goalie. Goaltending market is soft , yes , because almost always , the stud goaltenders aren't on the market. It is the 2nd or 3 rd tier goalies. Leafs , for instance ,haven't had a stud goalie over the past several years and despite a bit of a stacked team up front bow out in the 1st round. Oilers have had McDavid and Draisaitl for closer to 10 years and cheaped out on goalies and still spinning their wheels, and then Jack Campbell fiasco, the leafs castoff. Maybe Skinner can get it done this year for them. I don't remember the details but Vanecek was a pretty cheap acquisition , sometimes you get what you pay for. Still have hopes for Schmid for you guys , looked good in AHL , big step sometimes to NHL. I see Swayman and Ullmark more as stud goalies , a little above the normal goalie market. Neither a Bruins fan or Devils fan, just seemed to be a very interesting topic and I do think it makes sense for the Bruins to take advantage of having 2 #1 goalies and get an asset somewhere else but if it isn't a phenomenal offer , why do it?

I don’t think you fully understand how valuable stud young players on ELCs are in a salary cap league.

Reactions: HBK27

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Maybe the Bruins won't want a valuable potential stud young player , maybe they will want some old bums instead but I doubt it. Where can I get a pair of these Devil colored glasses anyways? Yes, Salary cap management is a huge issue but it is the stupid moves , not the smart moves that blow it up. Sometimes a team is forced into the stupid moves or commits stupid moves ( eg. signing Jack Campbell )and forced to give away picks or players to be compliant but I don't believe this is the case with the Bruins so I just think to get Ullmark or Swayman for that matter, you will need a substantial player or a very substantial prospect to send back and to me Holtz doesn't fit the bill.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
The real question is Who is swayam going to do his douchey little handshake with

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Maybe the Bruins won't want a valuable potential stud young player , maybe they will want some old bums instead but I doubt it. Where can I get a pair of these Devil colored glasses anyways? Yes, Salary cap management is a huge issue but it is the stupid moves , not the smart moves that blow it up. Sometimes a team is forced into the stupid moves or commits stupid moves ( eg. signing Jack Campbell )and forced to give away picks or players to be compliant but I don't believe this is the case with the Bruins so I just think to get Ullmark or Swayman for that matter, you will need a substantial player or a very substantial prospect to send back and to me Holtz doesn't fit the bill.

Nemec + a pick is an absolutely ridiculous suggestion, no matter how much you try to rationalize it or try to spin it as me being a homer.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Just take your L and move on.

Nemec for any goalie is ridiculous, let alone a soon to be 31 year old goalie. Nemec is probably the best D prospect in the world right now.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
I don't think Nemec was going too far or someone close to that quality.

Outside Jack Hughes, I don't think there's no one close to that value in the Devils. He's basically been our best Dman at 20yo and is a former 2OA.

I fear Ullmark is a player that won't look as good outside Boston, it's that excellent defensive system, coaching, winning culture and great defensively responsible players that make him look better than he probably is. Throw him into Ruff's swarm defence shitshow with one of NHLs youngest D cores and his numbers will look a lot different.

That said I might still do that deal if that's the cost. Just to see how it will play out and since Ruff refuses to give Holtz a top9 spot, even though he's one of our top players in esgoals/60.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad