Proposal: Ullmark to NJ

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Outside Jack Hughes, I don't think there's no one close to that value in the Devils. He's basically been our best Dman at 20yo and is a former 2OA.

I fear Ullmark is a player that won't look as good outside Boston, it's that excellent defensive system, coaching, winning culture and great defensively responsible players that make him look better than he probably is. Throw him into Ruff's swarm defence shitshow with one of NHLs youngest D cores and his numbers will look a lot different.

That said I might still do that deal if that's the cost. Just to see how it will play out and since Ruff refuses to give Holtz a top9 spot, even though he's one of our top players in esgoals/60.
Well Lindys gone at that point so its moot. Need to add a defender to help these young guys. Not enough an wont be next season, Hanifin or Petey from Pitt is a great choice

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Ok , I'll admit when I'm wrong , several posters have indicated Nemec is the # 1 dman already. Surprised but I don't follow them close enough, wouldn't have thought that. I would have thought 5 or 6 at this point with high potential to move up. I also would have thought Hamilton or Hughes would be # 1 . I won't suggest either of them instead for Ullmark to open another can of worms but I do think what Holtz has done so far doesn't come close to moving the needle to acquire either goalie. I think for Boston to move Ullmark, being a top contending team , getting immediate help back would be a priority, a 1st rounder and Holtz does nothing for them now, maybe in 2 or 3 years but not what they are looking for. I heard Carolina might move Necas. Necas for Ullmark to me would be a closer trade as an example. Not a superstar but a quality forward to provide them immediate help.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Ok , I'll admit when I'm wrong , several posters have indicated Nemec is the # 1 dman already. Surprised but I don't follow them close enough, wouldn't have thought that. I would have thought 5 or 6 at this point with high potential to move up. I also would have thought Hamilton or Hughes would be # 1 . I won't suggest either of them instead for Ullmark to open another can of worms but I do think what Holtz has done so far doesn't come close to moving the needle to acquire either goalie. I think for Boston to move Ullmark, being a top contending team , getting immediate help back would be a priority, a 1st rounder and Holtz does nothing for them now, maybe in 2 or 3 years but not what they are looking for. I heard Carolina might move Necas. Necas for Ullmark to me would be a closer trade as an example. Not a superstar but a quality forward to provide them immediate help.
Nemec has surprised us too. He's not going anywhere. In fact he's more complete than Lyke Hughes rn.
Ullmark wiukd be a good add in NJ, summer when we do something is what I see

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't see Boston doing that. Needs to be upped I'd say. Hischier for Ullmark would be an interesting deal but can't see NJ wanting to pay that much. Maybe they would look at Nemec and a pick for him.
This can't be real.....

So you're still delusional about Ullmarks value I see.

I am a neutral fan. Goalies never return anything close to this much. Let alone a guy who's one year away from being a ufa that's been beat out for a starters job.

Ullmark and a first for Mercer maybe something both teams might consider.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
if you could move hamilton for ullmark i as a devils fan would do that instantly. nmc, injury and his contract are too big obstacles even if boston was interested in him as a player.

oldwpgjet

Apr 11, 2021
Ullmark and a 1st for Mercer, who knows , might happen, nothing totally surprises me anymore but my gut feeling is it would just get laughed at. Most of the goalie trades lately have been for back up goalies , Georgiev to Shesterkin, Adin Hill, sometimes it works out. Jets have Broissoit as a backup, he is a pretty decent goalie in my mind, but he is no Hellebucyk. Broissoit picked up as a UFA I believe but Hellebucyk would be worth a fortune in trade. Ullmark and Swayman aren't Hellebucyk either but probably the next tier down, Ullmark and Swayman have been alternating games most of the year except when Ullmark was hurt. I don't think either is the true #1 but for trade purposes , I would keep Swayman if possible just only for the age difference, guessing, 4 to 5 years difference. Yes , I can say maybe I am valuing goalies too high, but who knows what the market is for some of these guys. Some teams have ( continually) undervalued goalies and paid the price with an early playoff exit. A Stud goalie can take you aways in the playoffs.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I don't see Boston doing that. Needs to be upped I'd say. Hischier for Ullmark would be an interesting deal but can't see NJ wanting to pay that much. Maybe they would look at Nemec and a pick for him.
I think its fair to say the only thing that can get Ullmark at this point is Josh Anderson. Montreal should be all over this. They're the only team in the league who has the value to trade to Ullmark

Reactions: oldwpgjet

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I think its fair to say the only thing that can get Ullmark at this point is Josh Anderson.
e8580f050850148448601ba5308b1ec9.gif

• Haha
Reactions: McDuffz88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad