Post-Game Talk (GBU): Ullmark steals the show at the scrimmage

ZeroPT*

I was really impressed with Carrier.

He made some nice moves and was an absolute hound on any one with the puck.

Fasching,Compher and Baptiste were very good. Grigorenko made some nice plays but I would've liked more, same with Armia.

McCabe and Zadorov were meh. Lemieux was pretty good, Cornel was invisible

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I was really impressed with Carrier.

He made some nice moves and was an absolute hound on any one with the puck.

Fasching,Compher and Baptiste were very good. Grigorenko made some nice plays but I would've liked more, same with Armia.

McCabe and Zadorov were meh. Lemieux was pretty good, Cornel was invisible

I really liked Carrier tonight. One of our more over looked prospects (probably because we didn't draft him), but so far so good for him.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Missed the scrimmage :(

Is Ullmark going to be in Roch this season?

From the things I'm reading on this thread about how sick he looked, even if it's just a prospects scrimmage, I'm giggling with excitement :) Hopefully he's developed properly and is our future stud goalie

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

From the things I'm reading on this thread about how sick he looked, even if it's just a prospects scrimmage, I'm giggling with excitement :) Hopefully he's developed properly and is our future stud goalie

No. He's in Sweden for another year.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC

One more year in Sweden.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

@BuffaloSabres

Ullmark: I've improved a lot w/ mental game. Want to keep improving. Planning one more year in Sweden. #SabresDevCamp

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

Nope. Ullmark will spend this year in Sweden, which is a good thing. It gives him solid minutes in a good league, but also gives the Sabres a chance to sort out the other prospects in Rochester (Hackett/Lieuwen/Makarov all need minutes, adding another goalie to that mix just wouldn't help).

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Good:
I thought that Carrier was the best player on the ice tonight excluding goalies.
Fasching was very physical and extremely strong along the boards....I like his game alot
Zadorov might not always be positionally sound but plays with an edge and seems to have a knack for making big plays whether physically or offensively.

A free hockey game that I took my wife and 2 sons to and sat in section 117 second row.

My wife of all people caught a free shirt from Sabre Tooth.

$5 clearance Sabres hats for me and my sons.

Bad:
Nothing bad about the game tonight....it was great watching all the prospects we talk about on here and seeing a glimpse of the future Sabres

Ugly:
Staged fight between Kea and Florentino

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Carrier was super impressive for me as well, he's a much better skater than I imagined, I sort of imagined him as a clunky guy, but when he's in stride he's pretty quick.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Good:
I thought that Carrier was the best player on the ice tonight excluding goalies.
Fasching was very physical and extremely strong along the boards....I like his game alot
Zadorov might not always be positionally sound but plays with an edge and seems to have a knack for making big plays whether physically or offensively.

A free hockey game that I took my wife and 2 sons to and sat in section 117 second row.

My wife of all people caught a free shirt from Sabre Tooth.

$5 clearance Sabres hats for me and my sons.

Bad:
Nothing bad about the game tonight....it was great watching all the prospects we talk about on here and seeing a glimpse of the future Sabres

Ugly:
Staged fight between Kea and Florentino

That wasnt a staged fight. They were going at each other from the time Florentino flattened Kea with a big hit in the first. It eventually led to the fight.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
G:

- Armia looked more like playoff Armia than regular season Armia

G: Ullmark and Jonas
Risto/Pysyk
Reinhart never looks flustered with the puck
Armia played a more physical/edgy game than I expected
Baptiste's speed on that goal
Willman
Schaller's probably gonna make it as a 4th liner in the NHL at some point

G:

Team Sweden goalies
Compher
Physicality all around
No shoot out

B:

Sabres store selection
Armia

And we're off. :laugh:

Armia is going to be the most polarizing player on the Sabres roster once he gets here. Buckle up.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
That wasnt a staged fight. They were going at each other from the time Florentino flattened Kea with a big hit in the first. It eventually led to the fight.

They didn't seem to be really trying to hit each other and were laughing/smiling on their way to the penalty box. It wasn't particularly aggressive.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
They didn't seem to be really trying to hit each other and were laughing/smiling on their way to the penalty box. It wasn't particularly aggressive.

It looked to me like Kea was just to strong for Florentino. Kea threw a couple and then Florentino went down. I would think Kea asked him to go Florentino accepted and they had mutual respect seeing as how they are playing for the same organization right now.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Maybe it's because they are technically both in the same organization. No real hatred. I thought it was an average fight by two prospects showing a little fire.

I wasn't expecting to see a Ray vs. Domi aggressiveness :dunno:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
It looked to me like Kea was just to strong for Florentino. Kea threw a couple and then Florentino went down. I would think Kea asked him to go Florentino accepted and they had mutual respect seeing as how they are playing for the same organization right now.

I think Kea pulled him down with his leverage advantage. I wouldn't be so sure that Kea is actually stronger. Florentino is built like a tank, but Kea is much taller. Early on it looked like Florentino was throwing but couldn't get in past Kea's reach to connect.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I didn't like his game at all either.

I thought he looked pretty good actually. He had some solid hits at the blue line, and was calm with the puck. It's obvious he wasn't even giving 100% which is definitely a concern.

He's a bit cocky. That can be good or bad when it comes to hockey. It'll be interesting to see how he plays during the preseason.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Okay this is torture. I had to read thru the threads even though I won't see the game until a recording pops up.

Anytime a college player drops the gloves - especially one who's only an early sophomore - I'm a fan. Good for Florentino.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Got a nice Ehrhoff jersey tee for seven bucks, can't beat that. Nine on most days till they run out I expect if you're looking.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I think Kea pulled him down with his leverage advantage. I wouldn't be so sure that Kea is actually stronger. Florentino is built like a tank, but Kea is much taller. Early on it looked like Florentino was throwing but couldn't get in past Kea's reach to connect.

Yeah definitely could've been reach advantage. I just saw AFlo having trouble getting punches in.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I was watching on and off, and from what I saw:

G:
- Baptiste. I like his speed and attitude.
- Girgensons. The guy is a duracell bunny. He just keeps going.
- Fasching made people take notice.
- Ristolainen.
- Ullmark and JoJo (yes, we should make that Johanssons nickname)

B:
Naw, as I said, I watched on and off and it just feels wrong to say that someone was bad in a game like this. Although, I kinda wanted to see more of Catenacci. I don't know if he tried too hard to make a difference, or if he is always a player who holds on to the puck for too long and makes nothing happen. I also thought, after all the superplus-words, that Reinhart would shine brighter.

U:
Rob Ray is crap. Actually, if crap could eat and then crap, then Rob Ray would be what crap craps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad