Post-Game Talk: Ugly Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
If Leafs played a 7 games playoff series against Canes as they played yesterday giving up nearly 50 shots against they would lose the series.

Constructive criticism and wanting to see improvements is not a bad thing. IMO

I really dont like statements like this. Its assuming every game we play is as terrible as the next. Its assuming the Canes dont have a bad game.

Last night was NOT indicative of the season as a whole.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
yup and it's also hard to impress on a consistent basis when they're only avg 10/11 mins a game in their limited viewings
Yeah if you ain't a superstar in those 10 minutes then back to the press box for you! Meanwhile you got other players who can be a steaming pile of shit for massive stretches at a time and nothing happens!

Dat Babcock accountability tho

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Freddie played well enough to win, but the fact remains he allowed at least 1 oft goal that let Carolina back in, he did not steal 2 points because you can't steal a 5-4 win

Hopefully Mcbackup brings it tomorrow, because I got a feeling he is going to need the game of his life tomorrow.

If he plays like his career average the Leafs likely lose
Fact is that we do not win the game if He did not steal the game and that soft goal was all on #22 as he turned the puck over if you must find blame.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I really dont like statements like this. Its assuming every game we play is as terrible as the next. Its assuming the Canes dont have a bad game.

Last night was NOT indicative of the season as a whole.

Leafs seem to be starting slow each game and getting outshot 12-14 to 2-4 shots early and in fact have been outshot in many recent games and Freddy and his ? .940 sv% saving their bacon recently as the offense struggling at times unless they get some soft goaltending from the opposition.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Did you watch the game? Leafs looked terrible, they will never win a cup playing like this. Poor effort, not skating, constant turnovers, crammed in the D zone, getting bailed out by Andersen

Good thing the Leafs are clearly better than they played last night and for the most part the last couple weeks. Fortunately they've managed to go 6-1 despite that.

They need to pick it up, but they will and they're doing great regardless.

Reactions: stickty111

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'd love for the Leafs to be more proactive and dictate the play more consistently instead of just a few burst.

I don't think they can bank on Freddy to save them most nights.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
If there is a positive for me on these shitty early starts, they generally keep the shots out of the high danger areas, there seem to be a lot of point shots and bad angles. They still need to be better in the first 10 minutes, it's like we're playing in the old Chicago Stadium every night.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Mess is right, Leafs have been outshot something like 16 of the last 18 games or something absurd like that. The last 2 periods of the Chicago game, last 2 periods of the MTL game, and the final period of the Florida game are the only times we overwhelmed an opponent. With all this depth and "firepower", it really hasn't demonstrated well. Its not negative to say this, its just stating facts.

The good news is we've been playing like shit and we're still 3rd in the league... Once we get our shit together, we should be f***ing insane.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Mess is right, Leafs have been outshot something like 16 of the last 18 games or something absurd like that. The last 2 periods of the Chicago game, last 2 periods of the MTL game, and the final period of the Florida game are the only times we overwhelmed an opponent. With all this depth and "firepower", it really hasn't demonstrated well. Its not negative to say this, its just stating facts.

The good news is we've been playing like **** and we're still 3rd in the league... Once we get our **** together, we should be ****ing insane.

3rd most shots given up in the NHL last season and not bucking that trend much so far this season. I believe they are last in the league in shots allowed this season so far.

Team Shots Against Per Game: 2016-17 NHL Season
2017-18 NHL Team Scoring Stats

Reactions: DarkKnight

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

The good news is we've been playing like **** and we're still 3rd in the league... Once we get our **** together, we should be ****ing insane.

This is false, while I dont agree with breaking games down into periods, if you want to play that game I'll give you these where we dominated

Periods 2/3 vs Winnipeg
Periods 1/3 vs NYR
Both games vs Boston (in particular the 2nd)

And thats just off the top of my head. I seem to remember completely deserving shutting out Washington too last time we played them.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Yeah if you ain't a superstar in those 10 minutes then back to the press box for you! Meanwhile you got other players who can be a steaming pile of **** for massive stretches at a time and nothing happens!

Dat Babcock accountability tho

Do you really want to keep playing Sosh with Leo and Kadri for 14+ min the last few games?? That's the role he's supposedly best suited for, but that line has not looked worse then it has the last couple games with Sosh in there.

Has Sosh set foot in the offensive zone yet this season??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad