Ugh what to do...

Discussion in 'General Fantasy Talk' started by JaeTM, Nov 11, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. JaeTM

JaeTM Registered User

My team has been decimated by injuries (Stamkos being the most recent), not even a quarter of the way into the season.

My team looks like this, and I need help as to what I should doing moving forward. It is a keeper league, and I'm currently in 9/10 after an abysmal last week.

C: Steven Stamkos (IR)
    C: Jonathan Toews
    LW: Zach Parise
    LW: Taylor Hall
    RW: Vladimir Tarasenko
    RW: Kyle Okposo
    D: Justin Schultz (IR)
    D: Brent Burns (IR)
    D: Seth Jones
    D: Shea Weber
    BN: Jeff Carter (IR)
    BN: Brad Marchand
    BN: Joe Thornton
    BN: Jay Bouwmeester

G: Jonathan Bernier
    G: Kari Lehtonen
    G: Cory Schneider

As you can see, my team has been hit hard this season. I have 4 guys on the IR, only 1 IR spot, and I've had Lehtonen, Schneider, and Hall all miss time as well.

I kind of want to drop Burns and Schultz, but I've held onto them for so long during their injuries, I don't want to drop them, have them get picked up, and have them return in a game or two, while I'm stuck with some FA scrub.

Would you guys start dropping these three (Schultz, Burns, Carter) and pick up some FA, or suffer for a bit and wait for them to come back?

2. BStinson

BStinson Registered User

The latest update I have read on Justin Schultz has him coming back this week.

3. Fraser Read

Fraser Read Registered User

Is your pool head to head with playoffs or rotisserie? If its head to head I hold onto everyone for sure. Rotisserie I actually probably still hold onto everyone as Carter and Schultz should be back soon

4. JaeTM

JaeTM Registered User

Yeah, H2H.

5. HullAndOates

HullAndOates Registered User

I'd keep them. Assuming no FAs are juciy pickups, there's no sense downgrading your team just because you haven't been winning. I dropped Schultz way back because he wasn't putting up numbers and I got Shattenkirk of waivers. At this point, ride em out, they should all be back soon, save Stamkos, who you just can't drop in a keeper league.