GDT: UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Jacare will never get a title shot. Shame.

With the middleweight title pretty much on hiatus until GSP decides if he does in fact want to fight again, this loss doesn't really hurt Jacare's chances in the long run. Maybe they can now set up that Rockhold/Jacare rematch that got cancelled last fall.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
With the middleweight title pretty much on hiatus until GSP decides if he does in fact want to fight again, this loss doesn't really hurt Jacare's chances in the long run. Maybe they can now set up that Rockhold/Jacare rematch that got cancelled last fall.

It hurts his chances considering Jacare is already 37 years old and he might not have many fights left in his career.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Good performance by Namajunas. Next one should be Namajunas vs Calvillo winner gets Joanna. Namajunas was very good tonight, but i'm very surprised if he can stick over 1 round with Joanna.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good performance by Namajunas. Next one should be Namajunas vs Calvillo winner gets Joanna. Namajunas was very good tonight, but i'm very surprised if he can stick over 1 round with Joanna.

Calvillo? You've got to be kidding.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
He just signed a new 8 fight contract.

Contract terms means so little in this sport. It's only assurance for Souza to get the fight money he negotiated for on whatever remaining fights he has left in his career.

37 years old, 30 fights in his career. It's gonna be tough for him to build a winning streak long enough to get a title shot if he's only going to be on the physical decline from now on.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Great card, lots of quality fights, especially for a free one. Thought Stephens got jobbed a little bit. He didn't do enough, but how can you fight a guy that taps your leg and runs away? Loved seeing Whittaker destroy Jacare. Clearly overmatched from the jump. And mighty mouse is amazing. Sad that he doesn't get the fan recognition he deserves and can't headline a PPV, but that's more of a reflection on the division he's in. Guy has to go outside his own division if he wants to fight someone that is a real challenge.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Calvillo? You've got to be kidding.

Maybe little bit. Rose is very good at many ways, but it will be night night with Joanna in first round. Calvillo will make her way to the tittle match sooner or later. But Joanna could be too much, she throws combos like animal.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Maybe little bit. Rose is very good at many ways, but it will be night night with Joanna in first round. Calvillo will make her way to the tittle match sooner or later. But Joanna could be too much, she throws combos like animal.

We are in agreement on Rose v Joanna. Last night was a great win for her, but I still think she has a ways to go to compete with Joanna or even Andrade.

Calvillo isn't ranked yet (I don't think) so you can't let her PPV placements fool you in terms of where she belongs. I'd like to see her fight a ranked fighter coming off a win and then go from there.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I love me some Joanna Champion, but i think Rose matches up with her much better than people think. Rose is a great athlete, got a really good counter-striking game (she's arguably the best open-to-mid-range MMA striker Joanna would face) and the ground game to give JJ fits.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I love me some Joanna Champion, but i think Rose matches up with her much better than people think. Rose is a great athlete, got a really good counter-striking game (she's arguably the best open-to-mid-range MMA striker Joanna would face) and the ground game to give JJ fits.

Rose looked great last night, but up until then she's been more potential than anything else. She might get a title shot because of the lack of challengers, but she really should have at least one more nice win before that.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016

I don't think so. Joanna is much faster, better technique and she moves way better. Karolina who is master of counter-striking didn't have anything besides one lucky punch against Joanna and KO wasn't even close. Rest of fight was all way Joanna dominating. I can't really see Rose being anyway better striker than Karolina. Rose is excellent in ground, but Joanna is master of wasting their opponents stamina at ground, like she did in second fight with Gadelha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad