GDT: UFC on Fox: Dos Anjos vs. Cerrone 2

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Yes.. he's destroyed Pettis and Cerrone. But he has no public personality whatsoever. This isn't the guy the UFC wants beating Conor.

Conor is going to look like a punk if he ducks Lightweight now. But he has an easy excuse saying Edgar deserves a chance or something.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Conor should really fight Frankie next. Can't see the UFC letting him fight Dos Anjos.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Finally got to hear it. Haha. Nice try but no chance he's getting that fight next.

member 51464

Man, hard to believe Dos Anjos is only 10 lbs heavier than McGregor. I feel like Conor would just get torn apart by that dude. If you can make the cuts at 145 with no problem like you claim, maybe stick with that, haha.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Man, hard to believe Dos Anjos is only 10 lbs heavier than McGregor. I feel like Conor would just get torn apart by that dude. If you can make the cuts at 145 with no problem like you claim, maybe stick with that, haha.

Conor is probably bigger than RDA though. in comparison, the man is bigger than Gunnar Nelson a welterweight (albeit a small one) :laugh:

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Conor is going to look much bigger in 155. He'll probably be 175 on fight night. The guy cuts a ton to get to 145.

Cerrone is such a washed up can at this point. He just stood around and got hit. Dude needs to retire. Tired of his act. Take your cowboy act and Arianne and get your ass to commentating already.

I'd like to see McGregor take 1-2 fights before fighting RDA to build it up. Same thing when Bones eventually moves to heavyweight. I don't want to see him beat Cormier AGAIN and then all of the sudden fight the heavyweight champ. Let that **** simmer a bit.

member 51464

Conor is probably bigger than RDA though. in comparison, the man is bigger than Gunnar Nelson a welterweight (albeit a small one) :laugh:

Couldn't believe how he got dominated, lol.

But, I guess I should stop imagining how fighters size up against each other and just wait to see it happen.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Apparently Cowboy is useless and washed up now after winning his last eight fights (fighting four times a year too).

A guy who can fight 4 times a year is very useful to the UFC, and while he's not fighting at his best right now, RDA is a beast and that knee and kick to the body clearly really ****ed him up.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Couldn't believe how he got dominated, lol.

But, I guess I should stop imagining how fighters size up against each other and just wait to see it happen.

Yeah I agree. You could see when Maia got Nelson's back at one point when Nelson was standing and he fell down his will was just broke. Maia was the professor in that fight and he schooled the **** out of Nelson.

Nelson has a lot of skills but man I didn't think Maia would own him like he did.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cerrone is such a washed up can at this point. He just stood around and got hit. Dude needs to retire. Tired of his act. Take your cowboy act and Arianne and get your ass to commentating already.

Only won 8 straight before tonight. With wins over Bendo, Alvarez, Barboza, Miller, etc.

He once again didn't show up for a big fight but he's still one of the best in the division. He also fought a monster in RDA.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Styles makes fight. After how RDA murdered the best outfighter of the division in Pettis, there was no way in blue hell that an inferior outfighter would have had a shot at beating RDA.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Finally got to hear it. Haha. Nice try but no chance he's getting that fight next.

Oh, please, please, please make that his next fight. Anything to see Nate (or Nick for that matter) eating meals through a straw for an extended period of time.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Oh, please, please, please make that his next fight. Anything to see Nate (or Nick for that matter) eating meals through a straw for an extended period of time.

Haters gonna hate.

OVIQvu0.jpg

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I think everyone likes Cowboy but nobody really expected him to take the title.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Those wars with Cain have definitely taken a toll on him.

Yeah and i'd add Miocic to that as well. Even though he won that fight he still took quite a beating

It kind of make me sad because i like JDS. The guy is all class and a good representative of the sport imho.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I never would have thought Reem would be in title contention, if he happens to resign. Jackson's camp has done wonders for him.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Conor is going to look much bigger in 155. He'll probably be 175 on fight night. The guy cuts a ton to get to 145.

I'd like to see McGregor take 1-2 fights before fighting RDA to build it up. Same thing when Bones eventually moves to heavyweight. I don't want to see him beat Cormier AGAIN and then all of the sudden fight the heavyweight champ. Let that **** simmer a bit.

Late entry for worst post of the year.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Path of least resistance for Conor (order of least to most risky, and all will be huge draws):

Nate Diaz > Frankie Edgar > winner of Pettis/Alvarez > winner of RDA/Nurmagomedov

member 51464

Would Frankie have a legit beef at not getting McGregor next? Or would the idea be that McGrego fights Diaz for pub and Edgar/Aldo has to happen to determine #1 contender status?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad