GDT: UFC on ESPN: Rodriguez vs. Waterson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Just getting caught up.

Bummer about Ribas.

Grinding fight from Gregor. Good win for him, but I didn't realize he was as old as he is. I think his standup can be exploited by some of the truly elite guys, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will claim his best fisherman title.

Classic Magny.

Cowboy....it's starting to get sad. Losing a bunch in a row to elite guys, OK. Losing to Pettis in a close fight (I thought he won, but...), OK. Losing to Niko, starting to get sketchy. Getting KO'ed by Morono in the first round...yikes. It's time. There's nobody left I want to see him fight.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A lot of talk about Waterson and her kicks in a fight where Rodriguez might be up 2-0.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Surprised Waterson isn't shooting more. She's just at such a reach and power disadvantage.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Waterson has skills but doesn't have the best decision making. Took way too long for her to shoot then in the fifth it looked like she tore off half of Rodriguez's right jaw then never went back to it.

Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Waterson has skills but doesn't have the best decision making. Took way too long for her to shoot then in the fifth it looked like she tore off half of Rodriguez's right jaw then never went back to it.
She's also undersized and is naturally an atomweight, which only emphasizes the decision making aspect.

Reactions: m9 and Chaels Arms

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good win for Marina.

Pls retire cowboy

I did surprisingly well tonight. Had money on Gillespie, Magny, Iron Turtle, Marina Rodriguez by decision, the main event going the distance, Harris, and Morono

Lost on Klein’s fight, Daukaus, and I had Rogerio de Lima by KO smdh

I entertain myself on meh cards by betting the board

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not the most exciting card unfortunately, but I thought Rodriguez looked very good.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Good win for Marina.

Pls retire cowboy

I did surprisingly well tonight. Had money on Gillespie, Magny, Iron Turtle, Marina Rodriguez by decision, the main event going the distance, Harris, and Morono

Lost on Klein’s fight, Daukaus, and I had Rogerio de Lima by KO smdh

I entertain myself on meh cards by betting the board

yeah I did well too , about $80 on some props. I just had a feeling Cowboy would be stopped, in fact I think I bet against him after he said he’s scared shitless every prefight

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
yeah I did well too , about $80 on some props. I just had a feeling Cowboy would be stopped, in fact I think I bet against him after he said he’s scared shitless every prefight

He’s always been scared shitless every pre-fight, I don’t think that’s the first time he’s talked about it. But yeah I did too. I remembered Morono’s last fight against Pettis- he came out HOT from what I recall. Knowing cowboy was a slow starter I figured Morono would go up big in the first and possibly put him away

I think it’s time for Cerrone to get a retirement fight against a Jim Miller-type. I’d prefer he retire but he’s not going out like this. Maybe Condit if he stays at 170

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Last 4/5 losses for Cerrone have all been TKO’s. Liddell as well (not counting that freak show fight) was 4/5.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Just getting caught up.

Bummer about Ribas.

Grinding fight from Gregor. Good win for him, but I didn't realize he was as old as he is. I think his standup can be exploited by some of the truly elite guys, but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, will claim his best fisherman title.

Classic Magny.

Cowboy....it's starting to get sad. Losing a bunch in a row to elite guys, OK. Losing to Pettis in a close fight (I thought he won, but...), OK. Losing to Niko, starting to get sketchy. Getting KO'ed by Morono in the first round...yikes. It's time. There's nobody left I want to see him fight.

Same here. I thought he was a young up and coming fighter in his mid 20s. Not 34!

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
The most obvious fight to make is Rodriguez vs. Joanna Notchampion, right?

Joanna thinks she deserves a title shot. If Weili had beaten Rose, I guess you could kind of squint and see how that makes sense, but she's lost to Rose twice already and is coming off a loss. Rodriguez has a couple of high profile wins in a row, but needs a top 5 win in order to get a title shot. Plus, I think it would be a great technical standup fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The most obvious fight to make is Rodriguez vs. Joanna Notchampion, right?

Joanna thinks she deserves a title shot. If Weili had beaten Rose, I guess you could kind of squint and see how that makes sense, but she's lost to Rose twice already and is coming off a loss. Rodriguez has a couple of high profile wins in a row, but needs a top 5 win in order to get a title shot. Plus, I think it would be a great technical standup fight.

It kind of depends what they do next with Rose as I don't see how Weili deserves an immediate rematch.

I would probably go:

Rose v Esparza/Yan winner
Zhang v Joanna 2
Rodriguez v Dern

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
He’s always been scared shitless every pre-fight, I don’t think that’s the first time he’s talked about it. But yeah I did too. I remembered Morono’s last fight against Pettis- he came out HOT from what I recall. Knowing cowboy was a slow starter I figured Morono would go up big in the first and possibly put him away

I think it’s time for Cerrone to get a retirement fight against a Jim Miller-type. I’d prefer he retire but he’s not going out like this. Maybe Condit if he stays at 170

Yeah but now I believe him lol. He just has that deer in headlights look when he's in there now.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It kind of depends what they do next with Rose as I don't see how Weili deserves an immediate rematch.

I would probably go:

Rose v Esparza/Yan winner
Zhang v Joanna 2
Rodriguez v Dern
I agree winner of Esparza-Yan should get next, but I'd still flip Weili and Rodriguez.

Frankly, I'd like to see Rodriguez or Dern get the next shot after Esparza/Yan. Barring some injuries or something, I don't see any way that happens if you do Weili-JJ 2 and Rodriguez-Dern. I suppose it's possible, if not likely, that both lose and we would end up with Weili or JJ getting the following shot anyway, but at least there would be a chance.

Really though, it doesn't matter. My homegirl Suarez is coming for all of them.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I agree winner of Esparza-Yan should get next, but I'd still flip Weili and Rodriguez.

Frankly, I'd like to see Rodriguez or Dern get the next shot after Esparza/Yan. Barring some injuries or something, I don't see any way that happens if you do Weili-JJ 2 and Rodriguez-Dern. I suppose it's possible, if not likely, that both lose and we would end up with Weili or JJ getting the following shot anyway, but at least there would be a chance.

Really though, it doesn't matter. My homegirl Suarez is coming for all of them.

I think Suarez is moving up to 125.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think Suarez is moving up to 125.
Dang. She's probably 1 win away from a title shot at 125, but as good as I think she is, I still don't think she can compete with Valentina. If she comes back 100%, I think she's your 115 champ in a few fights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad