GDT: UFC on ESPN: Barboza vs. Chikadze

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wow, Giga came out on fire in Round 3. All over Barboza and a nice finish.

Hard to get away from a guy who strikes like that when he's going for the finish. Nice win.

Reactions: Avs_19

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Barboza left himself completely exposed as they were both getting up. I thought Giga was absolutely going to murder him in that moment. Good stoppage.

Reactions: Avs_19

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
we have seen recent stoppages with guys swinging

Youre not wrong but it's not unusual for guys to swing out of that exact scenario, go for a takedown and recover, etc. Barboza had his feet under him when the stoppage occurred, I just prefer to give the fighters a chance to turn it around. Refereeing is pretty inconsistent these days.

Reactions: I am not exposed

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Stoppage was complete and utter trash but still an impressive win for Giga. Thought he was overrated as hell initially, but it's clear that this guy is the real deal. Give him a top 5 opponent.

I had Hiestand 2-1 but that was a close fight, can't argue the decision. Great scrap, the "poor man's Tony" is a solid comparison for Turcios.

Battle with a gritty comeback, you could see it coming about halfway through round 1.

Vintage Kevin Lee, always leaves you wanting more but I'll give him a pass for this one. Serious injury layoff, up in weight class, and D-Rod is a savage anyway.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
That stoppage was completely fine, he just saved barboza from getting put completely unconscious. You can’t have your legs buckle the way he did after taking a ton of damage, a good ref like Herzog will stop it every time.

performance bonuses went to Giga, Sabatini, Alhassan, and GM3. Turcios-hiestand getting some money too according to Dana

Reactions: darko and m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Giga looked awesome. I just love his striking style. It’s constant movement and he mixes things up so well. He does everything well and you never know what he’s going to throw next. Like early in the fight when he went head kick, head kick, body kick, and then a knee all in a matter of seconds.

Good job on the mic too but a Max fight isn’t happening next. Anyone in between would still make for a good fight though.

Nice win for Rodriguez. He bounced back after losing the first round and then just lit Lee up.

Another rough one for Lee. He’s one of those guys who just can’t get the striking down no matter how long he has been at this. His gas tank also can’t seem to hold up regardless of what division he fights in. It doesn’t help that he’s probably built for 165 lbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad