OT: UFC fighters pose in Habs jerseys

MTLAzzurri

Mar 2, 2013
UFC Champs TJ Dillishaw (second from right) and Demitrious Johnson (second from left), as well as title challengers Renan Barao (far right) and Kyoji Horiguchi (far left).

They were in Montreal to promote UFC 186 which is at the Bell Center on April 28th.

ADmr2MM.jpg

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
UFC Champs TJ Dillishaw (second from right) and Demitrious Johnson (second from left), as well as title challengers Renan Barao (far right) and Kyoji Horiguchi (far left).

They were in Montreal to promote UFC 186 which is at the Bell Center on April 28th.

ADmr2MM.jpg

It's hard to keep the Habs a secret when they are 1st in the Eastern Conference at the three quarter mark after 60 gms. The Hockey World actually are accepting that Carey Price is the best goalie in the NHL/World, all of the Hab fans have been aware of it for years now, it was only a case of the team maturing and Price with them.:nod:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Habs continue to get smaller with Mighty Mouse. Typical.

For those who don't know, these guys are like 5'4-5'6. Desharnais jokes. Have at it.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
It's funny to think that if these guys fought on skates, they'd get handled by any hockey fighter, even Christian Tomas.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
we need some goons these guys are already ready to go

look at their size they would probably fit in too :sarcasm::naughty:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Yeah, once a UFC champ grabs you, it's over. Both guys would fall on the ice, though, so not really a hockey fight.

It was just a little friendly wrestle, but Laraque had is *** handled mightly by 170lbs GSP. These guys have insane technique.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
It's funny to think that if these guys fought on skates, they'd get handled by any hockey fighter, even Christian Tomas.

The fact that the 2 on the left are 125 Lbs and the 2 on the right are 135 Lbs would probably contribute the most to that. Then again a puncher's chance could definitely creep in, these guys definitely know how to finish a fight.

Unless, like pointed above, the resolve to grappling.:naughty:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

ADmr2MM.jpg

What's a "hockey?"

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Fighting on skates is a skill like any other that takes practice. UFC fighters are trained to fight on solid ground. I would say the same thing about a fight in water between these guys and some waterpolo guy. The disadvantage of being wobbly and immobile on skates would be huge.

It's just funny because fighting in hockey exists, but not any random UFC champ would be effective in that environment without the years of skating practice entailed for that specific function (fighting).

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
The fact that the 2 on the left are 125 Lbs and the 2 on the right are 135 Lbs would probably contribute the most to that.

I don't think so. Take the best heavyweight hockey fighter and match them against these dudes in a ring, and the hockey guy gets smoked 10 times of 10. Skating ability, not weight, would be the deciding variable.

EDIT: Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. Not really that important.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I don't think so. Take the best heavyweight hockey fighter and match them against these dudes in a ring, and the hockey guy gets smoked 10 times of 10. Skating ability, not weight, would be the deciding variable.

EDIT: Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread. Not really that important.

Most likely, if you put them on the Ice in a hockey fight, the fights gets to the ground before a fist lands and the fight ends :laugh:

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Most likely, if you put them on the Ice in a hockey fight, the fights gets to the ground before a fist lands and the fight ends :laugh:

Not sure. Hockey players have excellent takedown defence. Some wobbly dude on skates wont get the job done. What I could see happening is one of these UFC guys grabbing onto a hockey guy and climbing on them to get off the ice, sort of what Diego Sanchez does when he uses guys as monkey bars, then going for a RNC.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Dana trying to do anything to get fans to watch his dying sport...

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
Dana trying to do anything to get fans to watch his dying sport...

Dana got greedy brought In too many fighters into the UFC, I remember when I got into the sport there were a select few best in the world.
Then Dana went buying leagues starting creating a bunch of divisions like double the amount of fighters and ppl started loosing interest. Less elite talent = less entertainment value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad