Bantamweight bout: Geraldo de Freitas vs. Chris Gutierrez
Women's Flyweight bout: Taila Santos vs. Ariane Carnelossi
Lightweight bout: Rodrigo Vargas vs. Alex da Silva Coelho
Welterweight bout: Gilbert Burns vs. Alexey Kunchenko
Women's Flyweight bout: Veronica Macedo vs. Polyana Viana​

Reactions: pistolpete11

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm expecting another one-sided win for Valentina. Carmouche beat her a while back but I don't see anyone in this division having much of a chance against her now.

Luque vs. Perry and Volkan vs. Latifi aren't bad fights. The former has the potential to be a fun one.

Gane could be someone to watch on the prelims. He doesn't have much experience in MMA but he's a good striker and the HW division always needs talent.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Not much on this one for me, despite the title fight. Perry is a fun character at times and Volkan vs. Latifi is at least a fight between some ranked guys that I know. Not a terrible card compared to some others, but just nothing really grabs me.

Surprised Torres is on the prelims. I know she's lost 3 in a row, but they were to Andrade, JJ, and Zhang. Hopefully she can get back on track.

Really, though, this is just a card to get us to the next card which I can't wait for.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I actually like the depth on this card. Not a ton of names but some interesting prospects from top to bottom. And on the main card, two very competitive fights (Luque/Perry & Oezdemir/Latifi) along with seeing Shevchenko in action again.

I've ripped a ton of the UFC cards lately, but this one should be fun.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I had that fight going to Perry, I think you could argue he won every round. Close enough that its not an awful decision but I definitely think Perry won.

member 51464

I like Valentina, so I hope I'm wrong, but I have a weird feeling. Just seems like a strange night and maybe Liz springs the upset. I look forward to being wrong.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
That was not a great fight to watch, but Shevchenko is just such a machine it's hard to expect anyone to really rush in against her. Every time Carmouche did she got tagged. I wish Valentina was a little more aggressive but it's just not her style.

Reactions: GuthrieGovan

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Main event was terrible. Sure, Valentina probably could've been more aggressive but sometimes fighters can only work with what their opponents give them and Carmouche did nothing the entire fight. Meanwhile, her corner was telling her she's doing great and to just continue sticking to the game plan. The fight is over and I still have no clue what their game plan was.

Luque/Perry was the type of violent fight most expected. It was close and could've gone either way. Perry's nose and loss of blood was the second nastiest scene of the night behind the earlier fight where Paiva's eye lid was hanging off.

Volkan looked great tonight.

Vieira, Gane, and Rodriguez were a couple others who stood out. Rodriguez landed a bunch of nice knees to the body and looked like she was in a different weight class compared to Torres.

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Watched the Luque-Perry fight after the fact. Wow, was Perry's nose scary to look at. I mean, guys break their nose. It happens, but that was so bad it looked like it was dangerous.

What a fight, though. Great back and forth battle. I can't believe they both stayed standing that entire fight. They ate some big shots. I thought Perry won, but it was so close that it's not a terrible decision. I'm not sure how good Luque really is, but he's had a couple of fun fights this year and he's 10-1 in the UFC with the only loss coming to Leon Edwards. I will definitely be interested to see who he gets next. Hopefully it is a big name and somebody ranked. Maybe Magny? Lawler?

Not surprised the main event was boring. Valentina is more of a finisher than most women, but she's capable of some real snoozefests as well.

Reactions: m9 and Kevin27NYI

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I know it's easy to be critical when I'm not the one stepping in the cage, but Carmouche's performance was downright embarrassing. She had more punches that ended up a foot short than actually landed. She looked terrified in there. Every time Shevchenko attacked Liz put her hands up like she was swatting a bee. Title shots don't come around everyday, you gotta at least try SOMETHING.

That Perry fight was razor close. Not sure how the judges scored each round, I think I had it 1-1 going into the third, and I know this isn't written in the rules, but if you do that to a guy's nose in a relatively close round, you win that round.

Wasn't terribly impressed with Gane but he did get a win where he took no damage, so can't criticize too much I guess.

Rodriguez is stronger than she looks. I was a little surprised Torres wasn't able to explode for (and get) a TD.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That Perry fight was razor close. Not sure how the judges scored each round, I think I had it 1-1 going into the third, and I know this isn't written in the rules, but if you do that to a guy's nose in a relatively close round, you win that round.
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought Perry won the first 2. I thought Luque won the 3rd, but I could also see some judges giving it to Perry because he was on top for a while, even though he was only fighting off a submission and leaking blood everywhere....plus that knee.

Funny enough, my judgement was the exact opposite of Luque. He said he thought he won the first 2 and lost the 3rd.

I believe I saw all the judges gave round 2 to Perry and round 3 to Luque. So then 2 of the judges gave round 1 to Luque, which is not unreasonable given how close the entire fight was.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGDDYKWL

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Was a bit slow getting to this one, busy weekend.

I thought Oezdemir looked great. His striking looked on point and came up big in a huge fight for him.

Luque/Perry was alright. Thought we'd get each guy in some worse situations in the first two rounds since both can hit so hard, but it was a decent back&forth fight. Tough fight to judge.

Not much to add about the main event, that was an ugly one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought Perry won the first 2. I thought Luque won the 3rd, but I could also see some judges giving it to Perry because he was on top for a while, even though he was only fighting off a submission and leaking blood everywhere....plus that knee.

Funny enough, my judgement was the exact opposite of Luque. He said he thought he won the first 2 and lost the 3rd.

I believe I saw all the judges gave round 2 to Perry and round 3 to Luque. So then 2 of the judges gave round 1 to Luque, which is not unreasonable given how close the entire fight was.

I agree with the judges - Round 2 was Perry, Round 3 was Luque. Round 1 was close, can't really argue either side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad