GDT: UFC Fight Night: Santos vs. Walker

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Glad to see them use replay and make the right call there. It was accidental but it clearly changed the outcome of the fight.

No, I'm not just saying that because I had Holland in the parlay and a no contest should refund my money, I think.

Reactions: member 51464

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
John Cavanagh is giving some terrible advice to Walker. Telling him to just keep low kicking and out pointing Santos. It hasn't worked the last 2 rounds, and they providing no new information. Bad cornering IMO, Santos is picking it up and coming forward, and Walker looks lost when he does.

Reactions: CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good for DC calling it the way it is. Terrible main event.

They were both so tentative in the final round other than the big left from Santos.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I thought the top 3 would be bangers, they all kinda sucked and then the rest of the card was pretty solid

Reactions: 1specter

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I thought Santos won round 2, 3 and 5. Smart fight by Santos just nailing him and getting out of danger. Walker was surprisingly conservative especially in the last round.

Reactions: CDJ

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Not sure how Walker can act disappointed with that decision with the way he fought, but his corner told him he was winning and to keep it up. Feel bad for the guy, but he did nothing in 25 minutes.

Bad, disinteresting main event lowered the value of both guys IMO. That's 2 out of 3 fights for Santos that have been absolutely boring. And it's the first main event for Walker, and he didn't do anything with it, he won't get that opportunity again any time soon.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
SBG is a fraud gym.

Terrible strategy, terrible cornering. Reminds me of Rousey's trainer, it looks like the gyms do a good job of teaching their fighters techniques, but the coaches have no idea how to corner, very low IQ for once the fight is underway, and completely unable to adjust on the fly, they keep repeating the same instructions that's gotten their fighter into a bad spot.

Reactions: 1specter and CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
Terrible strategy, terrible cornering. Reminds me of Rousey's trainer, it looks like the gyms do a good job of teaching their fighters techniques, but the coaches have no idea how to corner, very low IQ for once the fight is underway, and completely unable to adjust on the fly, they keep repeating the same instructions that's gotten their fighter into a bad spot.

Head movement! Head movement!

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad