GDT: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Sakai

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Overeem/Rozenstruik rematch or maybe wait to see what happens with Lewis?

edit: DC just said the exact same thing. Those two make the most sense. Overeem/Lewis would be a fresh match up and they've been going back and forth for a bit now.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Overeem/Rozenstruik rematch or maybe wait to see what happens with Lewis?

edit: DC just said the exact same thing. Those two make the most sense. Overeem/Lewis would be a fresh match up and they've been going back and forth for a bit now.

I think lewis was tweeting 10-8 Sakai after every round lol

edit: I just went back and it’s even funnier than that, that dude is hilarious

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Nice rebound by Overeem to get the win there.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If Overeem does beat a guy like Lewis they almost have to give him a title shot

also I hope for his sake Francis does not have the title by then

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Next week's card is brutal and that's before fighters drop out during the week.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Good win for Reem. It's crazy, in the last 5+ years, he's only lost to the current champ, #1, #2, and #3 ranked contenders (assuming DC is out of the rankings). Kind of a bold strategy to just cover up with 4oz gloves at HW when you've been KO'ed like 15-20 times in your career, but it worked out.

Sakai, woof. He won the first couple rounds based mostly on being more active, but man, he was completely lost on the ground. Overeem's no chump on the ground, but that was too easy.

Overeem-Rozenstruik is what I'd do next. Jones will probably get the title shot after Francis, so then the winners of Blaydes-Lewis and Overeem-Rozenstruik can fight in a #1 contenders fight.

And good stoppage by Herb. We give him shit when he makes bad calls, so got to give him some when he makes good calls.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Blaydes murdered Overeem with elbows/ground and pound, overeem started to train with Blaydes after this to improve his ground game, overeem gets his next 4 wins via ground and pound

coincidence...I think not

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just realized the women’s fight was at 125....Araujo looked like she should be near the top of that division

Still would get murked by Valentina

Apparently Imadaev or whatever slapped Pereira at the face off so that’s why Pereira slapped him in the fight lol

Last edited:
Reactions: N o o d l e s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad