GDT: UFC Fight Night: Korean Zombie vs. Rodriguez

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gaethje would be the top choice but if not him then I don't mind the Aldo idea that has been thrown out there. Aldo said he's willing to fight at 145 or 155 but he turned down the Cerrone fight in Brazil because it was short notice. He also said he wants to be on the Toronto card with Max and Ortega so it might not work timing wise. I like Gaethje vs. Cerrone and Aldo vs. Pettis better though.

Reactions: pistolpete11 and m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So the rumor is that Gaethje v Pettis is going to be booked for early next year.

Maybe the Conor v Cerrone stuff makes some sense then. I would still guess Cerrone/Poirier, but we'll see.
It makes more sense, but it still doesn't make much sense to me. Cowboy might be an 'easier' fight than some guys in the division, but it doesn't do a lot for Conor IMO.

I think Conor-Poirier makes a lot of sense actually. It's obviously a winnable fight for Conor since he already beat him and he's the #3 ranked guy in the division. If Conor wins, it's easy to justify him getting the next title shot after Khabib-Tony.

Gaethje would be the top choice but if not him then I don't mind the Aldo idea that has been thrown out there. Aldo said he's willing to fight at 145 or 155 but he turned down the Cerrone fight in Brazil because it was short notice. He also said he wants to be on the Toronto card with Max and Ortega so it might not work timing wise. I like Gaethje vs. Cerrone and Aldo vs. Pettis better though.
Aldo-Pettis at 155lb would be interesting.

Cowboy-Aldo doesn't do a lot for me and I doubt Cowboy would be grinning as much as he was about his next opponent if it was Aldo.

Assuming Khabib-Tony is the fight that gets made, the only fights that I think Cowboy would be that excited for are Conor (I doubt it), Gaethje (out if he gets Pettis), and Nate.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad