Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Featherweight bout: Chan Sung Jung vs. Yair Rodríguez
Welterweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Mike Perry
Women's Bantamweight bout: Raquel Pennington vs. Germaine de Randamie
Flyweight bout: Joseph Benavidez vs. Ray Borg
Women's Strawweight bout: Maycee Barber vs. Hannah Cifers
Lightweight bout: Mike Trizano vs. Luis Peña

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Strawweight bout: Ashley Yoder vs. Amanda Cooper
Featherweight bout: Chas Skelly vs. Bobby Moffett
Lightweight bout: Beneil Dariush vs. Thiago Moises
Lightweight bout: Devonte Smith vs. Julian Erosa

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Davi Ramos vs. John Gunther
Flyweight bout: Joseph Morales vs. Eric Shelton
Flyweight bout: Mark de la Rosa vs. Joby Sanchez​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The top two fights are really good and should be entertaining. Benavidez vs. Borg is a good match up as well. I don't think de Randamie is a bad fighter either and it'll be interesting to see how she looks after the long layoff and that whole Cyborg disaster.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Two fun fights at the top.

I think Pennington/GDR is a fight between two of the more overrated WMMA fighters. On the other side, Benavidez and Borg are two of the best at 125lbs. Will be interesting if there's much talk about their division potentially going away this week.

Luis Pena is an interesting guy and fun to watch. He looked great on TUF before he got hurt.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Solid card for a Fight Night. So many of the recent Fight Nights I've only been interested in the main event. I want to see this whole main card, though.

I was disappointed that Frankie had to pull out, but Yair is a really good consolation prize.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I feel like they could've taken the main and maybe the co-mains from the next 4 cards and combined they would've made a decent event. Instead there's 4 lackluster events in a row. I can't complain though as I'll be working weekends for the next month so it will be easy for me to just catch a few fights from each card.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice to see Cerrone get the win, some easy underdog money there.

Barber looked great. GDR looked pretty good too.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As crazy of a finish as you'll see. Wow.

Great fight, I had Zombie winning. But what an elbow.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was ridiculous. One of the best fights this year and one of the best finishes I've ever seen.

Nice finish for Cerrone in the co-main. Perry made a big mistake going to the ground and Cerrone took advantage.

GDR looked good in her return.

Reactions: La Masse

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Had KZ winning every round up to that brutal finish. Huge comeback for Yair.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I had TKZ winning as well up until that point.

I'm just glad both of these guys are back and hopefully they can stay healthy. Two of the most entertaining fighters in MMA.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hole. Ly. Shit!

That was amazing. 2 judges had the Zombie up 3-1 going into the fifth. The other one had it 2-2. I guess you can't blame the Zombie for going for the finish. You never know with the judges, but I thought he was clearly up too.

Yair is a little too throw shit at the wall sometimes for me. It's exciting because you never know what's coming and it could stick like that elbow. Sometimes, it puts himself in a bad position, though. The Zombie is awesome, but I think Yair's got to reign it in a little to fight the top level guys. Also, why did they keep stopping? I was right there with Felder screaming "FIGHT!" It's the last minute of an amazing back and fourth fight.

Glad to see Cowboy get the win. He said the UFC has already mentioned a name for him to fight at 155lb next. He seemed pretty excited about it. My bet is Nate.

Reactions: m9

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Great to see Cerrone get the win and the finish to give him both records. Guy is a true warrior for the UFC.

And what an insane finish in the main event. Tough way to lose for KZ but he'll be back.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Cerrone/Gaethje is my guess.

Gotta be Gaethje for Cerrone next.
Chael said he thinks it could be Cowboy-Conor. Although his reasoning basically boiled down to "Why not?". Of course Cowboy would accept that fight, but why would Conor and why would the UFC try to make it? Chael might need to go back to the drawing board on that one, but it would be a fun fight.

Schaub agrees with you guys and thinks Gaethje is next. It would also be a fun fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Chael said he thinks it could be Cowboy-Conor. Although his reasoning basically boiled down to "Why not?". Of course Cowboy would accept that fight, but why would Conor and why would the UFC try to make it? Chael might need to go back to the drawing board on that one, but it would be a fun fight.

Schaub agrees with you guys and thinks Gaethje is next. It would also be a fun fight.

Cerrone is a fairly easy matchup for Conor, so maybe that's why the UFC would make it. But yeah, seems unlikely. I definitely think it's Gaethje, with Dustin Poirier being the other potential guy. Either of those fights would be a great main event on an ESPN card early in the year.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Cerrone is a fairly easy matchup for Conor, so maybe that's why the UFC would make it. But yeah, seems unlikely. I definitely think it's Gaethje, with Dustin Poirier being the other potential guy. Either of those fights would be a great main event on an ESPN card early in the year.
Yeah, I guess. Cowboy could give Conor some problems for the same reason Nate does, though. They are both taller, good strikers, and better on the ground. With both Cowboy and Nate, though, they want to please the fans and would probably end up standing with Conor. The difference is Nate can eat the shots that Cowboy can't. But if either took the fight to the ground, I think Conor would be in trouble. They wouldn't be able to control him like Khabib, but they both have very good, tricky submission games.

Yeah, Cowboy vs. Gaethje makes the most sense for a ESPN card. Not sure that Poirier would take a fight with Cowboy. Cowboy's not the big name Nate is and doesn't really do anything to help him get the next title shot.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So the rumor is that Gaethje v Pettis is going to be booked for early next year.

Maybe the Conor v Cerrone stuff makes some sense then. I would still guess Cerrone/Poirier, but we'll see.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->