Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Lightweight bout: Justin Gaethje vs. James Vick
Featherweight bout: Michael Johnson vs. Andre Fili
Women's Strawweight bout: Cortney Casey vs. Angela Hill
Welterweight bout: Jake Ellenberger vs. Bryan Barberena
Flyweight bout: John Moraga vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
Middleweight bout: Eryk Anders vs. Tim Williams

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS2, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: James Krause vs. Warlley Alves
Bantamweight bout: Iuri Alcântara vs. Cory Sandhagen
Middleweight bout: Andrew Sanchez vs. Markus Perez
Welterweight bout: Mickey Gall vs. George Sullivan

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Flyweight bout: Joanne Calderwood vs. Kalindra Faria
Lightweight bout: Drew Dober vs. Jon Tuck
Bantamweight bout: Rani Yahya vs. Luke Sanders​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Couple of decent fights on this one that could be entertaining but not a whole lot to be excited about.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Another Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots main event from Gaethje? I'll admit the first couple of his UFC fights were exciting, but it's kind of lost the luster for me. I'd rather see a little more strategy than "my will is stronger than your will".

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Another Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots main event from Gaethje? I'll admit the first couple of his UFC fights were exciting, but it's kind of lost the luster for me. I'd rather see a little more strategy than "my will is stronger than your will".

It's cool to have those kind of fights, but you need to win those fights some of the time to keep them interesting.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
As for this card..

Main event should be fun. I've always been intrigued by James Vick since he came up through TUF, he just so happens to be in a loaded division and it's hard to move your way up. Hopefully we get a great fight because I like Gaethje too.

Not too much else on the main card - some good fighters but the fights don't interest me that much. It will be interesting to find out if Deiveson Figueiredo is legit or not. Big fights for Eryk Anders & Warlley Alves too.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I personally don't enjoy seeing Gaethje fight at this point. Yes, action fighters are usually fun to watch and put on entertaining fights in general, but after his 3 UFC fights, it's clear the guy is doing harm to his long term health and needs to be protected from himself.

If he were to change up his style and incorporate his wrestling base, he'd probably win some of these fights, but sitting around watching him eat power shot after power shot is nauseating to me now. He's causing himself irreparable harm by standing and trading every time out.

Reactions: Number34

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
As for this card..

Main event should be fun. I've always been intrigued by James Vick since he came up through TUF, he just so happens to be in a loaded division and it's hard to move your way up. Hopefully we get a great fight because I like Gaethje too.

Not too much else on the main card - some good fighters but the fights don't interest me that much. It will be interesting to find out if Deiveson Figueiredo is legit or not. Big fights for Eryk Anders & Warlley Alves too.

Anders got f***ed over by the judges last time out against Machida. It will be interesting to see how he responds.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I personally don't enjoy seeing Gaethje fight at this point. Yes, action fighters are usually fun to watch and put on entertaining fights in general, but after his 3 UFC fights, it's clear the guy is doing harm to his long term health and needs to be protected from himself.

If he were to change up his style and incorporate his wrestling base, he'd probably win some of these fights, but sitting around watching him eat power shot after power shot is nauseating to me now. He's causing himself irreparable harm by standing and trading every time out.

I doubt he'd go to his wrestling at this point but that'd certainly be the smart thing to do. He also has some of the best leg kicks in the division and this is a fight where he should use that quite a bit.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I doubt he'd go to his wrestling at this point but that'd certainly be the smart thing to do. He also has some of the best leg kicks in the division and this is a fight where he should use that quite a bit.

Agreed. But he won't. He'll stand and trade until someone falls over. And in 5 years he won't even remember where he lives when he goes for a drive...

member 51464

Mickey Gall wins with another rear-naked choke and wants a fight at the garden in November. Brings up the dude who just beat him, Sage Northcutt, and someone else I forgot as potentials, lol.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
What was that ref thinking... should have been stopped in the first round, that was a hell of a beating

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Man, Ellenberger needs to retire in the worst way.

Never mind he retired.

Last edited:

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Pretty good card so far, lots of finishes. Looking forward to the main event but I agree with LSCII, it's hard to watch Gaethje take the damage he walks straight into. I think he's likely in for more of it tonight.

member 51464

I was rooting for him, but am surprised Johnson got the decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad