Viewing: ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Featherweight bout: Frankie Edgar vs. Chan Sung Jung
Light Heavyweight bout: Volkan Oezdemir vs. Aleksandar Rakić
Featherweight bout: Doo Ho Choi vs. Charles Jourdain
Light Heavyweight bout: Da Un Jung vs. Mike Rodriguez
Middleweight bout: Jun Yong Park vs. Marc-Andre Barriault
Bantamweight bout: Kyung Ho Kang vs. Liu Pingyuan

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight bout: Ciryl Gane vs. Tanner Boser
Featherweight bout: Seung Woo Choi vs. Suman Mokhtarian
Lightweight bout: Dong Hyun Ma vs. Omar Antonio Morales Ferrer
Flyweight bout: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Matt Schnell
Bantamweight bout: Raoni Barcelos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
Womens's Strawweight bout: Miranda Granger vs. Amanda Lemos
Bantamweight bout: Alateng Heili vs. Ryan Benoit​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Really looking forward to Seeing Rakic again. Obviously a tough fight here but he's looked great. Also looking forward to seeing Gane again.

And yeah, that main event should be great.

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don't know that I know anyone after the top 3 fights, but I want to see all of them and the main event is of course the cherry on top. Hopefully the UFC is paying Frankie well for him to step in on short notice, right after he left the division, and traveling half way around the world. They needed to save this fight and Frankie is the perfect answer to that, but it doesn't make much sense for him other than if they pay him well. I guess it makes a little more sense now that Max lost, but he was probably only a win away from getting a title shot at 135. He probably needs more than that to get a shot at Volkanovski.

It's going to be interesting to see how the top of FW plays out now with the shake up at top, though. Hopefully we get the Volkanovski-Max rematch, but then TKZ, Ortega, Zabit, and Yair are all jumbled in there and maybe Frankie puts himself back in there with a win. It would have been much cleaner if TKZ-Ortega fight happened and then they could make Zabit-Yair. Winners face each other (maybe on the Volkanovski-Max 2 under card?) for the next title shot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Top two fights are solid and then I'm also interested in watching Choi and Gane. I don't know much about a lot of these fighters.

Tough for me to predict how the main event will go. I think it'd be smart for Frankie to go with a grappling heavy approach and I like his chances if he does. He could still win if it stays standing but his chances would go down and I highly doubt he'd do so without taking a decent amount of damage.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m sneaky loving an underdog parlay of Frankie and Volkan

Rakic could very well be the real deal but I need to see more from him to consider him the heavy favorite that he is. Manuwa was on his way out. People forget that Volkan started Manuwa’s slide by getting him out of there in the exact same amount of time. And that was a motivated Manuwa too.

Volkan also beat Dominick Reyes and I do not care what the judges had to say about that. Wasn’t even that close in my eyes tbh.

Last time I checked it paid out on a scale of $100 to win $425........that’s tempting

Reactions: torero

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pantoja-Schnell is FIYAHHHH

PANTOJA BY KO

Only one round but that’s gonna be tough to top for FOTN

The ref in the Choi-Mokhtarian fight is a clown bird

Korean super boy-Jourdain is a good fight so far. KSB was owning the first round and then got DROPPED at the end of it. Jourdain finishes him in the 2nd. Wow.

Rakic looks legit, incredibly fast for a 205 lber. Looks powerful too. Long. Volkan is tough as hell

Rakic has made the executive decision to not check leg kicks and that was a horrible idea as it now looks like he has a softball sized tumor below his knee. Volkan with a close decision

KZ stomps Edgar, wow. Waiting for one of you savages to talk about how that’s an early stoppage lol

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great performance by TKZ. Stuffed a takedown or two and then it was pretty much over after the first clean power shot he landed. Just a completely one-sided beat down.

Volkanovski is going to be out for a little while with a broken hand so some combination of Holloway, Zabit, Yair, and TKZ would work to find the next contender. Each of those guys could make a case for the next title shot after one more big win. 145 is so loaded right now that I didn't even include Ortega on that list.

Frankie is tough and credit to him for taking this fight and staying in it as long as he could. In hindsight, going back to 145 and fighting TKZ on short notice was a big mistake but there was a decent chance something similar was going to happen next month against Sandhagen as well. There's obviously no way that fight can go on as planned now.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Tough loss for Rakic but he showed he belongs near the top of the division.

Sounds like Zombie is taking some time off with an eye injury. I think they'll do a title rematch next anyway.

I'd like to see Edgar/Faber at 135lb when both guys are ready.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I really like the Edgar/Faber idea

Volkan seems to have figured out the gas tank issue. He obviously tires but he doesn’t empty like he seemingly did against Anthony Smith. Tough as nails too, Rakic put it on him at the start of the fight

Give Rakic 2 years and he will fight for a title. Super athletic. Lanky mf.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'd like to see Edgar/Faber at 135lb when both guys are ready.
I really like the Edgar/Faber idea

The first fight went mostly as expected with Frankie going 50-45 across the board. Do we expect much to change five years later at 135 lbs? It's a better idea than feeding them to top contenders like Yan, Sandhagen, TKZ, etc but it's tough for me to get too excited for a rematch.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The first fight went mostly as expected with Frankie going 50-45 across the board. Do we expect much to change five years later at 135 lbs? It's a better idea than feeding them to top contenders like Yan, Sandhagen, TKZ, etc but it's tough for me to get too excited for a rematch.

I totally forgot about that fight.

Regardless, hope he takes a fight a tier down from Sandhagen for his first fight at 135lbs. I don't want to see that fight right now.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I think the two of them should be fighting name fights instead of the Yan’s of the world, I just have no desire to see these 40 yr olds with tons of miles on them get their shit pushed in lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad