Viewing: FS1, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Blagoy Ivanov
Welterweight bout: Sage Northcutt vs. Zak Ottow
Featherweight bout: Dennis Bermudez vs. Rick Glenn
Welterweight bout: Randy Brown vs. Niko Price
Featherweight bout: Myles Jury vs. Chad Mendes
Women's Bantamweight bout: Cat Zingano vs. Marion Reneau

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Eddie Wineland vs. Alejandro Pérez
Featherweight bout: Darren Elkins vs. Alexander Volkanovski
Flyweight bout: Justin Scoggins vs. Said Nurmagomedov
Featherweight bout: Kurt Holobaugh vs. Raoni Barcelos

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Flyweight bout: Liz Carmouche vs. Jennifer Maia
Flyweight bout: Mark De La Rosa vs. Elias Garcia
Women's Strawweight bout: Jessica Aguilar vs. Jodie Esquibel​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I predict that this will be one of those cards that's not great on paper but ends up being a "Card of the year" in terms of finishes and fights. Lots of fun fighters all over the card, though nothing really too exciting. Looking forward to seeing Chad Mendes back in there.

Also, Sage Northcutt is getting knocked out.

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I predict that this will be one of those cards that's not great on paper but ends up being a "Card of the year" in terms of finishes and fights. Lots of fun fighters all over the card, though nothing really too exciting. Looking forward to seeing Chad Mendes back in there.

I was going to skip this one, but I completely over looked Mendes. Might give it a go to see what he's got left.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The main event is a fine match up and it's nice to finally have JDS back in there. Jury vs. Mendes is the best fight on paper and the one I'm looking forward to the most though. Perez and Volkanovski are two guys worth watching on the prelims as well. I don't know anything about this Nurmagomedov but his last name has me interested in seeing what he's about.

Like Northcutt's other WW fights, this looks like another bad match up for him. He shouldn't be the favourite going into this fight.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com

as much as i don't like Sage as a fighter or even as a striker, Ottow is just untalented as hell. He hasn't KO'd anyone in the UFC aside old man Mike Pyle and throws so little volume.

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Said is Khabib’s cousin. Obviously comes from grappling family, so that’s a strength, but not on Khabib’s level. However, his striking looks smoother.

He carries some hype with him, he has been known as a talented prospect.

Reactions: Kurtz

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Looking forward to this card. Love that the UFC isn't wasting any time throwing Blagoy Ivanov into the spotlight. If he beats JDS, and looks good doing it, throw him in there vs Blaydes.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
as much as i don't like Sage as a fighter or even as a striker, Ottow is just untalented as hell. He hasn't KO'd anyone in the UFC aside old man Mike Pyle and throws so little volume.

Yeah, my initial post was a bit strong. I don't even like Ottow, I just don't like what Sage has done at 170lbs. But hey, hopefully he's improved at TAM because he's an infinitely more interesting fighter than Ottow.

Reactions: MD thaivuN

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Volkanovski is legit. Just took out the #10 ranked guy and made it look pretty easy. Elkins is crazy tough so maybe he would've survived anyways but Volkanovski might've finished it in the first if he didn't go for the guillotine.

These judges haven't been good.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I've never seen that before. KO via hammer fists from the bottom.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice finish for Northcutt. I like knees to the body on the ground and that was a pretty decent one just before he finished it. I expected the fight to go how most of the first round went but he managed to battle back.

Not a whole lot happened in the main event. JDS landed some good combinations and it was good to see him come back and pick up a win. I'll never understand the point of all of those warnings when the ref ultimately does nothing about it. He could've had a couple of points taken away for the eye pokes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad