Women's Bantamweight bout: Julianna Peña vs. Nicco Montaño
Featherweight bout: Darren Elkins vs. Ryan Hall
Women's Strawweight bout: Lívia Renata Souza vs. Brianna Van Buren
Bantamweight bout: Pingyuan Liu vs. Jonathan Martinez
Bantamweight bout: Benito Lopez vs. Vince Morales​

Reactions: td_ice

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This card is so bad. They brought a 40 year old Faber out of retirement so people would show up in Sacramento.

Tough fight for Ladd but they're probably trying to showcase her in the main event. However, I'm not sure how much a big win will matter overall if no one watches.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Bad card, but Ladd, Bektic, and Simon are awesome young talents.

Couple interesting undercard fights. Hall/Elkins, Montano/Pena..

member 51464

Ladd is probabaly most recognizable for having a voice that functions as cancer for your ears.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Two former UFC champs on this card. Wonder what percentage of fans know which two?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's the weird part of the card. Most would assume Faber was a champ while GDR and Montano are two of the least memorable champs of all time.

At least with GDR people know who she is and she was involved in a pretty big fight with Holm that resulted in controversy. Then there was the Cyborg situation that made news and got even more people to dislike GDR. Montano has to be the strangest run as champ and probably the least memorable. She becomes champ out of TUF and then just disappears for two years. The only fight of hers I've seen is the one with Roxanne and I have no idea if she's any good or not.

Reactions: m9

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Once again I have forgotten that Faber lost his WEC belt before crossing over to the UFC.

I’ll show myself out.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
How the mighty have fallen, Nicco Montano . From winning the UFC belt to 3rd deep on the prelims of a bad Fight Night in her very next fight :laugh:.

Really shitty card. I'm not sure I'd even watch if I had nothing else going on. There was a time I'd have felt nostalgic and wanted to see Faber, but the whole TAM vs. TJ thing was so obnoxious and now he still takes shots at TJ in every interview for months after he got busted. Like, we get it dude.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

This is ridiculous, she shouldn't be allowed to fight.

The more videos you see like this and the more fighters you see that have success moving up, why is weight cutting still a thing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gains

member 51464

I wonder if Ladd isn't very long for the MMA game. She seemed not really invested in her last fight. Now what is clearly a hard weight cut. She has talent, but you really need to be aligned emotionally and everything as well for something like this.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not a whole lot going on with this card so far. Fili had a noteworthy performance but that's really about it.

Hall dropping Elkins three times was surprising and impressive but the third round of that fight really sucked.

Hopefully Bektic and Emmett can get this going.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wasn't expecting Faber to win that one, Simon looked great in his last fight. Cool moment.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Seeing Faber get that finish in Sacramento was cool. Still one of the best walkouts in MMA too. Chill with that Cejudo talk though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad