Viewing: FS1, TSN 2

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 2)

Middleweight bout: Derek Brunson vs. Lyoto Machida
Welterweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Colby Covington
Bantamweight bout: Pedro Munhoz vs. Rob Font
Lightweight bout: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Jim Miller
Middleweight bout: Thiago Santos vs. Jack Hermansson
Bantamweight bout: John Lineker vs. Marlon Vera

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS2, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
Middleweight bout: Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Jack Marshman
Lightweight bout: Hacran Dias vs. Jared Gordon
Welterweight bout: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Max Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Flyweight bout: Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Jarred Brooks
Heavyweight bout: Christian Colombo vs. Marcelo Golm

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This is one of those cards where I don't know how good the fights will end up being but there are some good individual fighters.

It'll be interesting to see how Machida looks after more than two years away. He looked close to being done in his last couple fights and while Brunson is no Romero/Rockhold, he's not an easy fight either.

Maia/Covington looks good on paper because of the run they've been on but it also has the potential to be a pretty boring fight. Unlike the Woodley fight, I think Maia will find a way to get this one to the ground.

Lineker/Vera is the other one I'm interested in. It might end up being too big of a step up in competition for Vera though.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Usually i'm wary of brazil cards, this one, I feel this could end up a fun and solid card.

Maia vs Covington is an interesting fight, because Covington is an amazing wrestler, but he's always been a pressuring offensive wrestler and not a defensive wrestler. Does he actually engage with Maia on the ground? And if not, can he actually play the Takedown Defending Striker?

Munhoz vs Font is a very good fight. Used to be very high on both of them, they're probably grown into their final product as fighters.

Vera vs Lineker should be fun, tho I think this is a bad matchup for Vera.

The regular prelims looks like fun action fights, except for Hacran Dias' fight because Hacran Dias aka one of the biggest waste of potential I've ever seen.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Really good main card.

No idea what to expect from Machida in the main event. I expect Brunson to win this fight, but would love to see old-school Machida randomly appear and do something. I have a feeling we may get early-career boring Machida playing it safe in his return.

Maia v Covington is great too. Want to see Covington win and add some life at the top of 170. There's no need to even make a prediction here - if Maia can get it on the ground, he will win. If not, he will lose.

I think Munhoz, Trinaldo, Santos, and Lineker will all win.

Also interesting in seeing Carlos Jr, one of the few intriguing guys from TUF Brazil.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Santos is a savage. Damn.

That was an easy sub for Munhoz after he hurt Font.

Good card so far.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow super close round. That could go either way. Probably give slight edge to Maia.

He was landing that straight left whenever he wanted. And Covington chopped Maia's right leg whenever he wanted.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Pretty weak fight. Maia looked awful, and might have won a round in the stand up... that's embarrassing.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
DC and this other guy are worse than anik and Stann.

Huge reason UFC is losing fans - commentary has been amateur.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Frank Mir should retire and jump in the booth

I think he'd be perfect as a commentator

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty ugly fight. Maia was done after the first round.

I don't see how Covington beats Woodley if they fight.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Pretty ugly fight. Maia was done after the first round.

I don't see how Covington beats Woodley if they fight.

By pressuring and forcing tons of wrestling + clinch wrestling + dirty boxing. It may not be pretty, but the man absolutely embrace the grind and Woodley does not.

That is the kind of fight where Woodley would absolutely NEED to KO Covington

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Covington’s mouth is better than his fight game. Guy looked like trash standing up against a sub par stand up fighter.

Yeah he won easily, but Christ someone is going to mangle him and I can’t wait.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
By pressuring and forcing tons of wrestling + clinch wrestling + dirty boxing. It may not be pretty, but the man absolutely embrace the grind and Woodley does not.

That is the kind of fight where Woodley would absolutely NEED to KO Covington

I think Woodley can handle the pressure. He's a great wrestler himself and is much more explosive and powerful.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I just now tuned in but in general, I like him in the booth with Rogan. This British bozo? Not so much.

You obviously missed his Game of Thrones rant when Machida entered

He sounds like an amateur. Someone who should be commenting for smaller promotions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad