Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
images

Date: November 24, 2018
Venue: Cadillac Arena
City: Beijing, China
Time: 6:30am ET/3:30am PT
Viewing: UFC Fight Pass

MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass/Fight Network)

Heavyweight bout: Curtis Blaydes vs. Francis Ngannou
Heavyweight bout: Alistair Overeem vs. Sergey Pavlovich
Bantamweight bout: Song Yadong vs. Vince Morales
Welterweight bout: Li Jingliang vs. David Zawada

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Kenan Song vs. Alex Morono
Heavyweight bout: Hu Yaozong vs. Rashad Coulter
Bantamweight bout: Liu Pingyuan vs. Martin Day
Middleweight bout: Kevin Holland vs. John Philips
Bantamweight bout: Louis Smolka vs. Sumudaerji Sumudaerji
Women's Flyweight bout: Wu Yanan vs. Lauren Mueller
Women's Strawweight bout: Zhang Weili vs. Jessica Aguilar
Women's Strawweight bout: Yan Xiaonan vs. Syuri Kondo​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Two intriguing and important fights at the top of the card and then a whole bunch of other stuff.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would be nice to see Ngannou bounce back here after his last couple of fights, but I do think Blaydes gets it done. He's not the biggest name in the UFC, but he was easily the top HW prospect until Ngannou upset him a few weeks back. Not a big surprise he's bounced back and has worked himself back to the top of the division. If DC/Lesnar is a go, then Miocic/Blaydes (pending a Blaydes win) makes sense as a #1 contender fight.

No idea what to expect from Pavlovich/Overeem. Overeem getting KO'd is always a possible outcome, as is Overeem winning by submission. I would be surprised if anything other than those two options happen.

I don't care about any of the rest of the card.

Reactions: Avs_19

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Ngannou is the David Tua of the MMA world. He's a one trick pony. Neutralize his only true weapon, and you then have a very easy to beat opponent.

If he doesn't win this one, he'll be a very distant memory from a fighter who could have challenged for a championship.

Overeem needs to retire. Your level of brain damage may make you think you still have it, but your record clearly showcases your glass jaw. Some fighters don't retire when they should, until they unfortunately start to see early signs of what happens to a brain, when it is seriously concussed over 15 times.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice bounce back win from Ngannou. Caught him and that was it. Kind of a questionable stoppage but I think it was the right call.

Overeem with a vicious finish.

Reactions: Jasper and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would've liked to have seen a longer fight to see if Ngannou really has improved in certain areas but that was as close to perfect as it gets and I didn't have an issue with the stoppage. He badly needed that win and looked more like himself by coming out aggressive from the start. Blaydes is still very young for HW so I think he'll be back to being a contender eventually.

Overeem looked great as well. Pavlovich might be good but going up against a top 5 HW in his debut was a brutal way to start his UFC career.

Reactions: m9

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Night & day performances by Ngannou. Glad to see it looks like he's gotten things straightened out.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Nice bounce back win from Ngannou. Caught him and that was it. Kind of a questionable stoppage but I think it was the right call.

Overeem with a vicious finish.

The ref is in a tough spot there because Ngannou hits so hard, one uncontested shot to an unsuspecting opponent could do life-altering damage

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
f*** I thought this was tonight! God damn it. Shocked Blaydes lost like that, I really thought he was going to starch Francis this time.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Blaydes camp made a mistake of taking this fight. He was in line for a title shot.

DC is slated to fight Lesnar next. Doubt Blaydes has the cash to sit around for a year or longer to wait for a possible title fight.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
DC is slated to fight Lesnar next. Doubt Blaydes has the cash to sit around for a year or longer to wait for a possible title fight.

But you are always running a big risk of fighting a guy ranked lower then you.

Francis had A LOT more to gain with this fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
But you are always running a big risk of fighting a guy ranked lower then you.

Francis had A LOT more to gain with this fight.

The only other logical fight would have been Miocic, and Ngannou was a better style matchup for Blaydes.

Blaydes had to fight someone and Lewis and DC just fought. Not much for options.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Never really got the Blaydes hype. He was the favourite in both fights with Francis and got starched in both.

The UFC needs Francis to return to form, guy is exciting/terrifying when he’s on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad